Crime Hacker Breaks Into Baby Monitor and Says Creepy Things to a 2-Year-Old

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
hacker-targets-houston-family-s-baby-monitor-father-catches-him-saying-disturbing-things-to-sleeping-toddler-abc13-com.png

Courtesy of a hacker, Marc Gilbert and his wife may have already experienced the scariest moment of their child’s life–and she’s only two.

Last weekend, Mr. Gilbert and his wife heard creepily sexual messages being whispered–including “Wake up Allyson, you little (expletive)”–through their baby monitoring system, which contains an Internet-connected camera used to keep tabs from other rooms in the house. He pulled the plug on the camera, and they’ve concluded that the system was hacked.

Read the whole story here: http://betabeat.com/2013/08/hacker-breaks-into-baby-monitor-and-says-creepy-things-to-a-2-year-old/

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
I mean, even if I could do it, and get away with it, it would not be fun... like no fun at all. Really boring. The two year old barly understands any of the words. Unless it was aimed to scared the living shit out of parents.

Come to think of it; if someone really hates a person, why pay some russian to break their knees, when you can just get hold of a supreme geek to mess up their life. Everything is internet.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
I am a bit surprised. So this guy somehow 1 hacked into their home network, 2 was able to see that they had the monitor on the network, 3 was able to take control of the baby monitor.

Is that something that can be done spur of the moment or does this sound premeditated?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Its probably pretty easy to "hack" into a baby camera.
If I had to guess I'd say its connected to the network via wlan and the data is not encrypted.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Don't see why it would be difficult if you got onto their local network. Likely premeditated, maybe a douchebag neighbor kid or something.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Dude, that would be like Insidious. Or this:

I would die. I mean I would just burn the house down.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.