Other Hacks!

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
2u5tmia.gif

Map Summary
Each player gets a unique hack (special power) that gives them an advantage in the game. There are three different races to choose from, each race having different racial bonuses. You win by destroying the other player(s). There will be a maximum of six (6) players. Each time you play, you play on a randomly selected zone. Each zone has a different terrain but the city and farm is exactly the same in each zone.

Overview of playing HACKS!
  • Start the game as a prisoner in jail. All prisoners are to be executed in the morning.
  • Try and escape from the city by avoiding the guards
  • Talk to the Hacker who is near the farm to the South. After complete a quest for him (gathering 10 wheat from the farm), he gives you your hack and a disguise and you also gain control of your Command Center
  • When it is daylight, everyone who doesn’t have a disguise will be executed.
  • If you aren’t dead now, you can start building your base and destroying your opponents.
  • Last person alive wins

Escaping from jail
Throughout the city, and in the farm, there are many guards. If you get too close to a guard you will be sent back to jail.

The prisoner has four different spells to make it easier for you to escape first:
Sneak – Move slowly and quietly preventing the guards from noticing you. While you are sneaking, your mana will be drained.
Stone Throw – Throw a stone at an enemy Prisoner. The stone will cause the targeted unit to lose the Sneak effect and will also stun the targeted unit for 0.5 seconds.
Pick Pocket – Steal wheat from a targeted player, or a flare from a guard. You must be sneaking in order to Pick Pocket.
Distract – Create a distraction in a targeted area. This distraction will remove the effect of sneak from all units, drain their mana, and causes guards to run to the centre of the area. When you use Distract, you gain temporary vision of the distracted area for 5 seconds. Requires one flare to use Distract. You may hold a maximum of 5 flares.

Building your base
After gaining your disguise, you gain control of the Command Center. The Command Center contains Resource Upgrades (in order to harvest resources faster), main bases (to select your race), all racial buildings, and spells for players with certain hacks. You build structures the same way you would in a melee map however, in HACKS!, you have unlimited build range, being able to build anywhere you have sight to. Buildings are summoned, like undead, so you don’t have to worry about controlling any workers. Resources are also gained automatically, depending on how many resource buildings you have constructed.

Creating your army
There are three different unit-type, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
Melee – high health, high damage, high armour, high regeneration, medium attack speed, no spells
Ranged – medium health, medium damage, medium armour, medium regeneration, high attack speed, no spells
Magic – low health, low damage, low armour, low health regeneration, high mana regeneration, low attack speed, powerful spells

Melee deals 2x damage to Ranged
Ranged deals 2x damage to Magic
Magic deals 2x damage to Melee

Creating units in HACKS! is different to creating units in a melee map. In HACKS!, you build unit producing structures that will automatically spawn units for you. There are three structures you can build; light, medium, and heavy. You may build three (3) light unit producing structures, two (2) medium unit producing structures, and one (1) heavy unit producing structure. Each structure has a population cap; the amount of units it will spawn before it stops. The speed at which units spawn, and the population cap of the structure can be increased through upgrades. However, the upgrades will affect one building only.
When units spawn, they are linked to the unit producing structure they spawned from. If that structure dies, they are then linked to another structure of the same type (e.g. light units will be linked to another light unit producing structure). This will then increase the current population of that structure. If a unit producing structure is destroyed, all upgrades researched in that structure will be lost.

Collecting Resources
There are three resources in the map; Gold, Power, and Technology Points.

Technology Points are the most valuable resource. They are used for various upgrades such as; Hero upgrades, reducing spawn time, increasing population cap, increasing harvest speed, etc.
In order to gain Technology Points, you must build a Research Centre. In order for the Research Centre to be in operation, it requires Power. When you run out of Power, you will stop producing Technology Points.
You may only have ONE Research Centre. This can, however, be upgraded to produce Technology Points at a faster rate.

Power is used to produce units. In order to produce units, you must have enough Power. If you run out of Power, you will stop producing units. However, if you have enough Power, units will spawn automatically from their corresponding unit producing structure.
In order to gain Power, you must build a Power Plant. In order for the Power Plant to be in operation, it required Gold. When you run out of Gold, you will stop generating Power.
You may only have THREE Power Plants. These can, however, be upgrade to produce Power at a faster rate.

Gold is the most needed resource in the game. Without Gold, you cannot produce Power, which prevents your unit production, which leads to you being easily defeated.
Gold is also used to upgrade units and structures (e.g. unit health upgrade, power plant upgrade, etc)
In order to acquire Gold, you must be a structure on a Gold mine. Once the structure has been build, you will start generating gold depending on your Gold Harvesting Level.
There are a limited amount of Gold Mines in the map. These mines will randomly spawn in a different location each time you play. You may have unlimited Gold Harvesting Structure on the map. However, there are limited gold mines you are able to build them on.

Your Main Base acts as a gold and power generator, generating these resources at the same speed the corresponding structure would generate it at.

At some stage in the game, you may be required to produce units at 2x or 3x speed. In order to do this, it will require MORE Power.
For example, producing units at 1x speed may require 5 Power per second. Producing units at 2x speed may require 25 Power per second, and 3x speed may require 200 Power per second.
If this happens, you may be required to produce Power at a faster rate. In order to produce more Power, it will cost most gold.
This works the same way for Technology Points.

In order to Harvest Gold at a faster 1x speed, it will cost Technology Points to upgrade the Gold Harvesting Level.
In order to produce Power at a faster 1x speed, it will cost Gold to upgrade the Power Plant.
In order to produce Technology Points at a faster 1x speed, it will cost Gold to upgrade the Research Centre.

Races
There are currently three different races. Each race has unique racial bonuses. These bonuses should be used in conjunction with your hack in order to form an unstoppable army. An example is to choose the Lësçränâdë race when you have the Master of Illusions hack. Since Lësçränâdë have the highest attack speed, it will cause you to optimise the generation of illusions.

Bledoré (orcs)
Spawn Time: -50%
Unit Health (mana): 25%
Unit Damage: 25%
Unit Attack Speed: -20%
Building Cost Reduction: -20%
Building Health: 25%
Armour: 4

Lësçränâdë (elves)
Spawn Time: 50%
Unit Health (mana): -25%
Unit Damage: -25%
Unit Attack Speed: 40%
Building Cost Reduction: 10%
Building Health: -50%
Armour: 0

Xântr (undead)
Spawn Time: 10%
Unit Health (mana): -50%
Unit Damage: 140%
Unit Attack Speed: 0%
Building Cost Reduction: -50%
Building Health: -20%
Armour: -16

Hacks
1. Greedy:
The player generates gold, power, and technology points at 2x max speed without having any resource produces (i.e. gold mine, power generator, research center)

2. MAX IT OUT:
Units spawn at 2x max spawn speed, and the max unit cap is 2x the normal amount. Because of this, all upgrades are disabled to prevent you from upgrading any further.

3. Reflection:
75% chance to reflect 60% of the damage dealt to the damaging unit, and shares 40% of the damage dealt to all units within 300 range.

4. Energy Gun:
Allows a player to build an energy gun (60 second build time) which has an Energy Blast ability. The energy blast is a chanelling ability, that causes the Energy Gun to shoot out an energy blast at a targeted location. Over the chanelling period, the gun will start losing health. Chanelling stops when the gun dies. The energy blast sucks in nearby enemy units. When a unit reaches the centre of the blast section, it will die instantly. The health from the unit will cause the blast to grow to a large size (like a black hole). When the chanelling ends, the blast deals damage to ALL enemy units equal to the total amount of health absorbed by the blast. Required a lot of gold to build.

5. SpeedX:
All units renenerate health and mana at 5% of total health/mana per second, and all units move at maximum movement speed.

6. Visionary:
Reveals the entire playable map area to the player. They also gain energy points to be able to use the "Phase Out" ability. Each time the Phase Out ability is used, the player loses 1 energy point (max of 10). The Phase Out ability causes all enemy units in an area to be transported to the future, removing them from the map for 60 seconds. After they return to the map, they will have a 50% max health reduction. Each time an enemy unit is killed, the Visionary gains +0.02 energy points. Alternatively, every 5 minutes, energy points will increase by 1.

7. Unrestricted Movement:
Enables all units owned by the player to be able to walk over water, through trees, over cliffs and through doors/walls/etc. All units also gain a 30% chance to dodge all physical attacks.

8. Amplified:
Causes all melee units to deal splash damage from normal attacks, and causes ranged units to have a bounce attack. It also causes all units to deal 3x more damage from non-spell attacks, and 5x more damage from spells (e.g. hero spells)

9. Undead Armada:
10% chance to restore health equal to damage taken
(e.g. someone does 100 damage to you; there is a 10% chance you will restore 100 health and take no damage)
On death, there is a 30% chance to revive as a nearby corpse.
All units gain the 'Touch of Death' passive ability; 25% chance on hit to slow enemy movement/attack speed by 30% and deal 10 damage per second (stacking) for 6 seconds.

10. Master of Illusions:
Each successful attack gives the unit a 10% chance to create two illusions. Illusion deals 100% damage and take 100% damage; last 30 seconds. Illusions also have a 10% chance to create two illusions.

11. Rampage:
When an enemy unit is killed within 500 range of any of the players' units causes these units to get +1 level to the Rampage buff.
Rampage increases attack speed by 50%, damage by 50%, regeneration by 500%, movement speed by 5%, and damage reduction (including spells) by 10% per level. 10 levels. Lasts 5 seconds, then goes does by 1 level.

12. Nothing here, yet.

Screenshots!!

Sneak
qygxn8.jpg

29sped.jpg

Distract
s6onrm.jpg

2v0nxqd.jpg

The hacker
30kaql0.jpg

t4tr83.jpg

2d1pisk.jpg

Building
2wqfs0h.jpg

ogwbk8.jpg

21dn0ba.jpg

Progress

Terrain: 96%
  • Zone 1: 95%
  • Zone 2: 95%
  • Zone 3: 95%
  • Zone 4: 95%
  • City: 100%
Units: 76%
  • Bledoré: 100%
  • Lësçränâdë: 100%
  • Xântr: 100%
  • Balanced: 80%
  • Magic unit spells: 0%
Heroes: 0%

Buildings: 80%
  • Unit Producing Structures: 100%
  • Defensive Buildings: 0%
  • Unlimited Build Range: 100%
  • Unit-type selection: 100%
  • Unit Spawning: 100%
  • Upgrades: 0%
Hacks: 0%

Other: 33%
  • Custom Attack/Armour icons: 100%
  • Guard Patrolling system: 0%
  • Resource Generation: 0%

Overall Progress: 50%

If you have any suggestions, feel free to tell me.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
From what I can tell here... the map is going to have a hell lot of units running around?

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Thanatos_820 said:
From what I can tell here... the map is going to have a hell lot of units running around?

I will try to limit it so that each player has no more than 200 units. So yeah, there will be a lot. But, in order to get to that stage, heaps of upgrades will be required, which will cost a lot, and may time some time to get there.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
I will try to limit it so that each player has no more than 200 units. So yeah, there will be a lot.

Six players, 200 units each. A grand total of 1200. Jesus. Still, a very original map idea! :thup:

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Six players, 200 units each. A grand total of 1200. Jesus. Still, a very original map idea! :thup:

HAHAHA. That's going to be quite chaotic.

Anyways, just reread the first post. The map sounds quite convincing, and I hope there's a whole lot of space in the city (or cities) to compensate for building space.

Also, one question. Does every player start in the same prison or are they all seperate? Perhaps it's split based on teams?

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Thanatos_820 said:
...I hope there's a whole lot of space in the city (or cities) to compensate for building space.

Also, one question. Does every player start in the same prison or are they all seperate? Perhaps it's split based on teams?

They all start in the same prision. The unit you start with is a Hero. In order to escape, you use different spells to distract the guards. After you get out, you go to a farm to the South (which also has guards patrolling) and collect some wheat for the Hacker. Once you get the wheat, you give it to the Hacker, and he gives you a hack and a disguised (so you become allied with the guards and gain shared vision).
If your Hero dies in this first stage of the game (before you build you get your disguise) you will start in the prision again.

The map is EPIC size (256x256) and is divided into four section.
Each time you play, you will be in a different section, so the terrain will seem random.
However, 25% of an epic map is still fairly large.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
you know wc3 lags with 100 mvoing units 200 is really bad 300+ in simply unbearable like .5 fps 1200 is video/display driver crash and critical errors

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
CaptDeath said:
you know wc3 lags with 100 mvoing units 200 is really bad 300+ in simply unbearable like .5 fps 1200 is video/display driver crash and critical errors

Serious?
Well, if worst comes to worst, then I can simply reduce the amount of units. It shouldn't make the map any less enjoyable.

CaptDeath

Reaction score
very serious i have tried the 100s of units thing before never a good idea
never never NEVER
seriosly think how many maps you know have 1000+ units ever on the map at a given moment?

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
CaptDeath said:
very serious i have tried the 100s of units thing before never a good idea
never never NEVER
seriosly think how many maps you know have 1000+ units ever on the map at a given moment?

Yeah... What limit per player do you suggest I have, then?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Optimally, it would be around 50. I enjoy ordering a small, effective squad over a horde of weaklings anyway. Go, Protoss!

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
So just to clear up my confusion (i'm tired) When you build a barracks units will automatically spawn. will you control these units yourself or will they automatically be sent through various lanes to attack enemies?

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
azlier said:
Optimally, it would be around 50. I enjoy ordering a small, effective squad over a horde of weaklings anyway. Go, Protoss!
Hmmm... I see. Well then, I will change a few things around then so you will have no more than 50 units.

Jaujarahje said:
So just to clear up my confusion (i'm tired) When you build a barracks units will automatically spawn. will you control these units yourself or will they automatically be sent through various lanes to attack enemies?

You will control these units yourself - just like in Footmen Frenzy.

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Lësçränâdē

It looks as you pressed every accent letter on your keyboard. :p
For the rest, it looks interesting. I'd come up with better names for your heroes though.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Sirroelivan said:
It looks as you pressed every accent letter on your keyboard. :p
For the rest, it looks interesting. I'd come up with better names for your heroes though.

Lol. Well, it does make it look Elvish, doesn't it?
:D

If you are curious, I pronounce it:
Lesh - kran - ard

I don't know if that is the correct way to pronounce those accents, but I don't mind.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know if that is the correct way to pronounce those accents, but I don't mind.

The correct way would be something unbelievabally hard to say :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.