haha laugh at the mapstealer

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
for some reason I am in a vicious mood at the moment, in case anyone hasn't noticed.

Some of you may remember a guy who posted in the worldedit forums not too long ago, claiming that a map he made from scratch was ending as soon as he started playing it, and changing his name to "mapstealer".

Well the guy clearly wasn't happy with the help we gave him, so he moved over to the battle.net forums and decided to post there.

Big mistake.

Read and laugh at how much he got flamed.

http://www.battle.net/forums/war3/thread.aspx?fn=war3-maps&t=173391&p=1&tmp=1#new173391

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Darg said:
for some reason I am in a vicious mood at the moment, in case anyone hasn't noticed.

Ho ho ho, we noticed alright;).

Look at this thread:

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14636&highlight=mapstealer

You can tell he stole the map, he didn't say anything after you ask him if he stole it.

I can't beleive how oronic some people can be. It's like saying, "Ok, I have this map I MADE TOTALLY FROM SCRATCH, IT'S ALL MINE! Anyways, when I open it up, a message pops up that sais 'This map ahs been protected by the creator, stop stealing maps you bastard'. What to do? Did I say I made it totally from scratch?"

Har har har.:)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
HAHAHAHA!!!!

"Why do all the players say "mapstealer"?"

WAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:D:D:D

Man, if I ever find the creator of that map in the first place, I'll give him a cookie for having such a great idea in map protection.

He must be an uber noob though. Why? Because LoaP is amazingly simple. A lot of their triggers are simple turn off and ons, if you know what I mean. I looked at an unprotected one and not only could the creator not spell, but he also didn't know how to balance. Oh well, he was at least a veteran in making triggers though, since this mapstealer clearly didn't even know how to program a trigger that says "Hello World" when you start the game.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
One cool thing about it though, how did the creator proram it to do that when someone tryed to open then play it? I'm thinking he used a method that fired when someone played it through Test Map, which couldbe a way when something specific happens when you play a map that way, hmmmmm...

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
He could use a trigger like this:

Code:
Events:
     Map Initialization
Conditions:
     <map creator> not equal to playing
Actions:
     Pick every player and Defeat (picked player).

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Eh, but that'd kick them if the creator wasn't in the game. He clearly stated in the Battle.net forums that he used the test map function, and it worked if he didn't.

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't read that forum. The link is broken. That complicates things then. If anybody knows, I'd be really interested to find out. :)

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Yeah, its down. It would be funny if you could repost it here.

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Does anybody remember the title of the thread so I can search for it? The reason I think the link doesn't work is because it's to new posts, and the post must no longer be new.

T

ThE-eNiGmA

Heck, I looked for the name of the guy, hoping it was the same on this forum as well.
No such luck.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Blizzard no longer archives the map forum posts for any longer than about 7-10 days. So if the last post in a thread was made more than 7-10 days ago then the thread has been scrapped.

M

Mad-Ness

he was such a noobie
Whenever you test a map your single player name automaticly changes to Worldedit then he made a trigger like this

Event
Map initalization

Pick every player in all players and if picked player name equal to Worldedit then do actions:

Change name of picked player to MAP STEALER
Defeat picked player with the message NOOB MAP STEALER WHEN IM ACTUALLY THE NOOB WHO STOLE THIS MAP IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

think i went a bit over the top there but its a simple trigger like that.

Try it and look and it will do the same thing as 'he/she/tran' said it would.

OMFG i would look at what i have made and see if there is a bug like that

:Retard

SilverHawk

Reaction score
You should probably watch your language. I'm not a moderator, but if one sees this, you will most likely be warned, at least.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
AHAHAHAHA WHAT A NOOB THAT MAPSTEALER WAS ! AHAHAHAHAHA ...

*ahem* Lol :D he apparently didnt even know how to SCAN THROUGH triggers, much less writing them lol

Too bad the link broke, I really wanted to see him flamed :D :p

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Vexorian established somewhere else that it was his map protection program that creates this "event".

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Now, I feel kind of bad for him, because he might not necessarily have stolen it. For example, when I was beta testing a few days ago, I saved the map but forgot to update the thing in WEU, which caused the same thing to happen. Maybe he just made an honest mistake but didn't give enough information. Though I will admit, it really does sound like he stole it. :p

BrokenX

Reaction score
Overall, this event is rather halarious. Even if it was his map, look at all of what has happened, personally I think just us judging him about him stealing a map is funny lol.

BrokenX

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.