Weird Half-price Big Mac to fight global warming proves big hit in Japan

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A Japanese government website crashed Wednesday as people raced to take up an offer of a half-price McDonald's hamburger in exchange for pledging to fight global warming.

The Japanese unit of the US burger giant Tuesday offered a Big Mac for 150 yen (1.3 dollars), about half the normal price, to anyone demonstrating a commitment to preventing climate change.

People were asked to check up to 39 boxes on a form they could download from the environment ministry's website, each listing a way of reducing carbon dioxide emissions blamed for global warming.

Last edited:

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Let nothing be said against Macdonald's for the duration of this project on this site. For our favorite fast food service (even if thou dost not eat there) has cast a (largeth) stone against our enemy. Here it is decreed by the HindenVector, and therefore it shall be followed.

It would be really cool if we could flat out see the difference that makes, but I'm fairly confident it will make at least a bit (even if only because of the hype).

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Just don't eat there every meal for every day for 30 days.

[YOUTUBE]V168xofxgu0[/YOUTUBE]

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes (Moms a Health Teacher, Dads a P.E. Teacher)
Bad stuff if you do that ^^
If you don't believe it?
Rent Super Size Me
You will never want to eat McDonald's ever again or for that matter some fast foods.

tbjl2006

Reaction score
only bad thing is "There goes global warming...Here comes global fatness" depending on how long this goes and how many burgers people order.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.