Weird 'Half-Sheep Half-Human' Baby Causes Outrage In Sokoto, Northwest Nigeria

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
r-WEIRD-SHEEP-large570.jpg

Sounds like something off the pages of the National Enquirer but Huffington Post UK is reporting:

A sheep has allegedly given birth to a ‘half-sheep half-human’ baby in Sokoto, Nigeria.

Local newspaper the Daily Sun reported that after vets delivered the odd-looking lamb at Fakon Idi Veterinary Clinic on 22 January, thousands of curious onlookers were drawn to the clinic.

The “mutant” sheep caused outrage among the gathered locals, reported the paper, believing the bloated "half-sheep half-human" to be the result of bestiality or witchcraft.

Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps (NCDSC) had to step in to disperse the crowd, who were demanding the owner of the sheep to identify himself.

Last edited:

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Not with half of your body in one color and the other half in a different one.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
You know it's probably just a deformed birth. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably wrong. (What exactly are you thinking? Since I'm not sure lol)
Birth defects are caused by a number of factors. No? Well, why they even say half human a like? That's sounds pretty fishy. So I'm pretty sure you can guess. lol

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Birth defects are caused by a number of factors. No? Well, why they even say half human a like? That's sounds pretty fishy. So I'm pretty sure you can guess. lol

Humans and Sheep cannot breed.

That is all.

Yeah, that is what I mean FireCat.
I was expecting something like "that's sheepy!" :O. But either way, it may sound fishy, but it's not (theoretically) possible.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
For those (read: FireCat) too lazy to read, the article states:

The Article said:
However “mutant” looking lambs have been birthed before, notably in Turkey, when a sheep was helped by vets deliver a baby with a head that appeared to have human features. Although the lamb remained alive for some hours, spooked locals eventually slaughtered the animal.

The Article said:
“It was a surprise that people’s perspective could be so negative when it comes to scientific reasoning and thoughts," he told the Daily Sun.

He said it was more likely the lamb looked so strange because the sheep had been two days overdue and had suffered problems during the pregnancy.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
The only way this is possible is if certian human genes were injected but you can't breed sheeps and humans because of different number of chromosomes. Most likely just a defect.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Seems to be a wooly situation

:D DUN DUN CHA?!

No really, the picture is freaky as all Hell.

T.s.e

Wish I was old and a little sentimental
Reaction score
So... it's just a birth defect? That's not anything new. Growing up on a farm, I've seen some pretty fucked up things come out of animals.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
OMG! I see Google looking at this thread in the stats and Holy F! I posted this originally but I had totally forgotten about it!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.