Halloween Contest #2 (Results Posted)

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
it always takes some time. for the last contests results we had to wait more then a month if i remember correctly.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This contest is (and has been) over for awhile.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's hard to get a group going to get these tested online, so it's been slow.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congratulations to Angel_Island, RangerX, and FhelZone!

Sorry, would have been done sooner, but I sucked up being alone and tested them all. I believe I PM'd everyone their score percentage and informed those disqualified of their disqualification.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mind posting the scores and some brief comments here? :rolleyes:

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
>scores
I PM'd the scores to the contestants for privacy reasons but I'll include comments here.

>vanDarkmoor
Right, I'll resend it.

>only 3
Five people entered but two were disqualified because their maps wouldn't open in WC3.

RangerX's Candy Rush
This map was probably the least polished. I mean hell, you didn't even rename the hero picker or give good instructions, so that was where it fell down. You didn't even know you could trick-or-treat until half way into it! But it was pretty decently made, and it was fun.

Angel_Island's Forest of Death
It wasn't very fun to play because it was really just walking around in random directions. That simply is not very appealing to a player, it's like, 'oh cool, I guess I'll just walk around in this map for awhile.' The Grim Reaper idea was very thoughtful though, and it was decently terrained.

FhelZone's Spooks vs. Zombies
It was a bit more polished than the rest, but gameplay was confusing and people had no idea their score so there wasn't really a replay value, which is extremely important in Minigames. Part of the scoring was how well you took advantage of WC3 models, which you lost a few points on. It was also not difficult because you could stand at the top-left corner and spam the A button, and zombies wouldn't be able to get through the entrance.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> I PM'd the scores to the contestants for privacy reasons but I'll include comments here.
Privacy reasons? Were their post codes in the scores or something? I think the public are entitled to know the scores in a TH contest.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Code:
	RangerX's Candy Rush
		20 Points for Efficiency
		15 Points for Fun
		5  Points for Originality
		10 Points for Minigame-esque

TOTAL:
		73 Points = 73/100 = 73%

Angel_Island's Forest of Death
		36 Points for Aesthetics
		20 Points for Efficiency
		13 Points for Fun
		8  Points for Minigame-esque

TOTAL:
		84 Points = 84/100 = 84%

FhelZone's Spooks vs. Zombies
		34 Points for Aesthetics
		20 Points for Efficiency
		12 Points for Fun
		9 Points for Minigame-esque

TOTAL:
		80 Points = 80/100 = 80%

:)

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
o_O I don't get it, if you total the scores again angel_island would end up with 82% and I got 80% on the thread while you PMed me I got 83% lol... Too bad 2 got disqualified. Enjoyed the mapping anyway hope there will be another one for Christmas. [I really do it was fun, at least it gets you off for a while in serious map making in your MAIN map. And it gets the community to do something ;) good old days when thehelper allowed ordinary members to create their own contests :D]

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> good old days when thehelper allowed ordinary members to create their own contests
They were disallowed for a reason. Tooltiperror got special permission to host this. Staff members are more suited for the job.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.