• All player animations added
  • Aiming with mouse added
  • Fixed bugs with shooting at zombies
  • Lava goo added
  • Goo resized
  • Ghost added
  • Big pumpkin added
  • Adjusted difficulty screen colours
  • In-game time display now changes colour depending on your current medal.
  • All normal pumpkins now have 1 HP, regardless of difficulty.
  • Various other difficulty-based factors in enemies removed.

Still to come:

• Main menu
  • Lose screen
  • Alter player to bounce higher off of zombies
  • Powerups
  • Possibly a pumpkin carving activity requiring the pumpkins killed in-game
  • Add the music
  • Add sound effects

death_by_firegoo.png

Lava Goo

Similar to the goo, but rather than following you it will go in one direction until it goes off-screen. It moves faster than the normal goo and does not bounce.

death_by_ghost.png

Ghost

Hovers in a similar fashion to the Pukat, but hovers much more vigorously in an attempt to hit you. Like the goos it cannot be hit by your pellets.

death_by_pumpkin.png

Big Pumpkin

Takes 5 hits to kill and fires larger (in size and quantity) laser balls at you.

(These images are for the lose screen, which will display the last enemy to hit you along with various other stats)

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
A large pumpkin spawned partially off-screen, and when ever it shot nothing appeared.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Thanks!

Update:

• Fixed pumpkin-related glitches
  • Added a lose screen
  • You can now bounce higher on Zombies
  • Flash added for when the Ghosts spawn
  • Added costume depending on your chosen difficulty.

screen2.jpg

Prometheus

Reaction score
10fndhc.jpg

Lol @Tu-tu.

The pumpkins spawn independently of anything the player can do, perhaps have a stalk spawn? The stalk will get stronger as the game goes on, and spawn pumpkins faster. And the amount of pumpkins before a big one on each stalk will decrease. You have to kill all the pumpkins on a stalk to kill the stalk. Stalk spawns with2-3 pumpkins. What do ya think?

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
That's more or less what I have now:

The first pumpkin (or stalk pumpkin) spawns with a chance of adding to its stack, the chance decreases with every pumpkin until there is no way the next pumpkin can spawn another (The chances given to the stalk pumpkin generally increase with time, difficulty and stages)

The only difference here is that the stalk pumpkins aren't designed currently to stay as constant spawners: once you kill them, they're out, and new ones are eventually made in their place.

I'll see if I can adjust it in some way if you don't like it, also I see that I forgot to embed a font on your screenshot, silly me.

Prometheus

Reaction score
Well, I've killed the base pumpkin, and more still spawned.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
That might be the spawn cap I added to prevent the stage from overloading, when the stage is full of enemies (about 20), the rest are in a queue and added to the stage as soon as there's space.

PureOwnage

Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.
Reaction score
Can't wait to play this full version!

EDIT: All this game needs are HATS!

Prometheus

Reaction score
That might be the spawn cap I added to prevent the stage from overloading, when the stage is full of enemies (about 20), the rest are in a queue and added to the stage as soon as there's space.

Ah.

Can't wait to play this full version!

EDIT: All this game needs are HATS!
Changeable Hats!

Imo the suits for difficulty should be color changes.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I generally run through the sides, smack into a couple, and kill most of em. Game gets really frenzied, real quick.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Change of plan:

Since there seems to be a difference of opinion on various basic elements such as the controls, I'll give myself more time to work on this by recycling it in to a Christmas game (this might also mean that I can get a friend of mine to do some nicer looking animations for it)

In the mean time, keep an eye out for Vertigo, which is going full speed in to released-status any time next week :p

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
well, for me

the using mouse is kind of more tedious because you're forced to aim and move the mouse around, which is also more straining for the wrist and fingers.

with the pure keyboard controls we can focus on just firing and jumping for survival.

my only issue with the past keyboard version was the close range aim, it was hard to hit the nearest/lowest pumpkin

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Once I've finished and released Vertigo I will work out a great new control system.

Also @FireCat: the size of the Pukats really makes no difference to anything.

Prometheus

Reaction score
I'd like to point out that the Pukat can stack, and gank you if you're near a side.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.