Report Harvard Study Finds Fluoride Lowers IQ - Published in Federal Gov't Journal

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Which is when you die, or get seriously ill. The body takes desperate measures to get rid of the extras. But that's why you try to avoid eating a tube of toothpaste. You know it's bad.

The point of this article is to say that some communities may be getting dumber, by conditions not of their choice nor control. And we should be against this fluoridation of our water supplies, in the interest of freedom and a better world.

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
In the interest of staying factual: The article is about effects on intelligence. The dose required for minimal measurable effect is likely a lot lower than LD50.
Yeah, but likely not 10000 times lower, its not known to be cumulatively toxic in the amounts we are exposed to.

You should be more worried about the air tbh, water fluoride is at 1ppm. In air theres these nasties:
Carbon Dioxide(not really too nasty) - ~400 ppm
Carbon Monoxide ~ 0.1ppm
Ozone ~ 0.07ppm
Nitrogen dioxide ~ 0.02 ppm

-Also some food is preserved with nasties like sodium nitrite which is carcinogenic.
-Mercury is present in fish. Mercury is also a cumulative poison and very potent.
-Lead is in various things around us, and is also a nasty cumulative poison.

This is way over my head, but I need to clear some things up.

So it prevents your muscles/organs from relaxing. And it does so by... I dunno, some chemistry. Fluoride seems to be involved. I really don't know whether it's to blame for the disruption, but it's involved.
Sarin is an acetylcholine esterase inhibitor. Its function comes from mainly the organophosphate group. Not the fluoride. As I said before this is akin to saying nitrogen is an ingredient in cyanide, if the discussion was about nitrogen. This is a red herring. Saying it is the active ingredient, though, is an outright lie.

From the equation of Sarin's formation, obviously fluoride is one of the ingredients. That's what the quote under the picture says.
Yeah, that's a red herring. Fluoride isn't the reason why sarin has its function. Hydrogen is also one of the ingredients of sarin.

Oh yeah, watch out for DHMO, that shits bad as well. That webpage reminds me a bit of the fluoride debate.

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
This.
That is the kind of stuff you should be worrying about. Far more so than fluoride.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Ah, yeah, I've heard that before. Hmm so you don't think that's bullshit?

No, take Mercury for example. Because any amount of Mercury you take in will be stored in your body it will hence be cumulative for a long time due to a longer half life (i believe?). And when fishes take in whatever rubbish we throw into the water, they also take in whatever chemical came along with it e.g. Mercury. We then proceed to feed on the fish and the Mercury previously inherited by the fish is taken in by us. I don't think i need to tell you the poisonous effects of a build up of Mercury in your body, same as Lead which is also all around us.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Your body does not keep mercury forever. It will be excreted eventually like everything else.
And i dont think mercury has a "half life" because it is not radioactive.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Fluorine an element, is one of the most deadly substances on the planet, particularly in gas form
Fluoride a compound of fluorine. It is typically recognized as a healthy substance that is put in toothpaste, tap water, prenatal vitamins, etc.
>
fluorine is the element
fluoride is the anion of fluorine.

just wondering, are there any filters that can take out the fluorine?
Yes there is for Fluoride. Well, It seems so anyway.

Ways to Remove Fluoride from Water
Reverse Osmosis Filtration
This is used to purify several types of bottled water (not all), so some bottled waters are unfluoridated. Reverse osmosis systems are generally unaffordable for personal use.

Activated Alumina Defluoridation Filter
These filters are used in locales where fluorosis is prevalent. They are relatively expensive (lowest price I saw was $30/filter) and require frequent replacement, but do offer an option for home water filtration.

Distillation Filtration
There are commercially available distillation filters that can be purchased to remove fluoride from water. On a related note:
When looking at bottled water, keep in mind that 'distilled water' does not imply that a product is suitable for drinking water and other undesirable impurities may be present.

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
A better idea though is to not worry about it, the chances of the 1ppm fluoride mattering are so ridiculously low that it would be a waste of time to do anything about it. There are far more important things to do with your time than source non-fluoridated water.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
My biggest problem with water fluoridation is that, whether or not it helps or harms or does nothing significant at all, they're dumping waste into our drinking water. This is a substance that (although I'm not sure if this is the case in the US) is considered by many nations to be hazardous waste. In my eyes, that's just fuckin' gross. Dispose of it properly, instead of feeding it to the country by the millions.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
i think what we are seeing is that firecat will argue with anything and ACCname will argue with anything firecat says...

On a side note: I grew up in an area with the highest fluoride levels in australia (in the water), or so i am told by my doctor. I should get university credit or some form of academic consideration to make up for the government making me stupid!

(http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/fluoride-lowers-your-iq-b.s.-headline-week/)
Awesome link. Well done. Makes me miss Penn and Teller.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.