Has anyone read Da Vinci Code?

Demi666

Reaction score
ive seen movie it wasent that bad but it wasent good,, toke johanna there lol was boring :p

but no i havent read book

(btw johanna liked it but i think i fell asleep..)

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Alright I recant my earlier statement Rinpun, but wasn't that a movie, or show?
Much harder in a book, because then you end up saying things like, then the enxt day, in a month, after a year, for twenty two years, and you end up skipping it, unless its a short enough period of time for you to do like three days, but then thats off this topic. So really theres not a way to get around it.
I feel like what I just said is wrong so correct me if I am.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
As far as the time taken thing goes.

There are certain thematic elements need to come into play at some point in every story, one of these is Suspense. When he is figuring out the cryptex, if he had all the time in the world, there would be no suspense.

Furthermore, there was no "puzzle" 500 years ago, Robert was given clues by the only person who really knew anything about it at all. No one had a chance to guess what orb should be on newton's tomb, because the question wasn't posed until after these events were set into motion

Reaction score
I actually have read the book.
What do I think of it? It's like one of those books you can see in the shelf on the far-right corner of library, all of same format, nearly same covers and with some fancy names.

I'd say what - If you want to buy this book, don't waste money on it, better go buy "The Rule of Four" by Ian Caldwell and Dustin Thomason, go spend $7.99 on it, and trust me, you'll get more fun than five Da Vinci code's would provide you with.
Books actually are not far from each other- in one it's a puzzle to solve the heir of Jesus (you get the idea), and in the other, few students are actually spending lot's of time (Awesome to see how it flows, you can even sense how long it takes for them to crack the nut) to find the secret meaning of "Hypnerotomachia Poliphili", in which, actually, really exist many riddles and puzzles which may hold secrets to unknown!

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
I also have read the book, and thought it was a good read. I can definitely see how people could start freaking out and start going crazy about the "conspiracy". If nothing else, I think it was a powerful display of how easily the masses are manipulated. Especially since this book relies a lot on (to quote Colbert) "truthiness". Most of the easily researched facts in the book are true, but the stuff that would be hard to research is basically made up. Fantastic plot though! Any book that can get average high school students to read is on my dean's list

New_U.S.

ITS OVER 9000!
Reaction score
A very good book. It has a well thought out plot and is well written. However if you want to read a Dan Brown book I would suggest reading 'Angels and Demons' instead

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.