Hatchery Havoc

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Staff member
Hatchery Havoc
A new generation Base Control with emphasis on micro and tactics, NOT mindless massing of armies
A custom SCII map made by Siretu and Bloodcount.
Recommended player count: 4+
Mode: FFA
Map Version: 1.0 (fresh out of beta)
I Win/Loss mechanics
II Core Gameplay mechanics
III Gameplay enhancement mechanics
IV Terrain features
V Final word
I Win/Loss mechanics
These mechanics are relatively simple:
In order to win you must control all the hatcheries on the map before the timer (25 minutes) expires. Regardless of the outcome when the game is over the players can regame without having to leave the current game.
The mode is FFA, but after you kill an opponent, his last hatchery will remain his and he will be allied with you. That way no player will be out of the combat until the very end of the game.
II Core Gameplay Mechanics
The hatcheries on the map give you supply cap. From them you can train queens. The queens summon the rest of your army, they are your most important unit. The queens will degenerate mana at a rate of -0.5 per second. This means that the longer a queen isn’t in action the weaker she will become.
The same can be said for her summonings, however they lose 1 hit point per second. Upon killing a unit they restore their health to maximum.
III Gameplay Enhancement Mechanics
1 The queen would be rather worthless after running out of energy. In order to restore her usefulness she has 2 other abilities which make her useful and give her more strategic depth.
The first one is the Internal Balance. In exchange for 50 hitpoints the queen will restore her energy to maximum.
2 Upon killing an enemy unit the queen’s summonlings not only restore their health but they gain the ability (for a small amount of minerals) to morph into a stronger version of theirs. The stronger version still loses hitpoints but it is significantly stronger. 2 of the morphed units merge into a different unit type. Although the merge is costly the newly formed unit is very strong and has a special role in the game.
The Roach for example has insane movement speed and it can chase down and wear out and chase down any unit. It is tanky and armored, with enough transfusion it is nearly impossible to kill.
3 Every hatchery can be upgraded into lair and hive. It’s upgraded forms have a lot more hitpoints than its predecessor. They are very good for fortifying key positions on the map. The Lair and Hive summon stronger queens with stronger spells. Their summonings are stronger than the Hatchery level queens. Upgraded forms also give more supply.
4 If a hatchery is not taken by a player it will turn into a hive after 5 minutes.
5 The map has AI.
IV Terrain Features
The map is open, there are hardly any choke points, due to the lack of AoE. There are a couple of places of interest that players will want to control.
1 Restoration Pools. Remember warcraft III’s health and mana fountains ? They have been left out of any maps in SCII... can’t imagine why. Well, we are the first ones to fix this mistake because they are making a comeback in Hatchery Havoc! They give a small health and mana regeneration to all units in their range. They are the only way to heal your units without losing minerals.
There is a total of 4 pools on the map. The regeneration matches the summonlings deregeneration, so a summonling’s life will stay the same if they’re close to a restoration pool.
2 Xel’Naga watch towers- there is 4 of them, each one of them is on highground and the ramps are blocked by destructible rocks (500 hp) The strategic value that the Xel’Naga towers give on a small map like this is very big, that is why we feel that the player must first invest time into capturing the tower before being able to use it to plan his offence/defence.
V Final word
We would love hear your feedback and watch your replays. Thank you for reading and enjoy the map.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
I tried to play the game against a computer (as there wasnt anyone joining the game).
And I lost in a matter of seconds. It apears that all the bases where controlled by the computer from the start, which resultet in me getting overrun by 4 queens and a HUGE load of swarmlings when I only had 10.

A nice concept though, I remember playing something like this in Wc3 - which wasnt very wellbalanced... I'd love to see a well done version from you guys ;)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Staff member
Well what you are playing shouldn't be the latest version of the map... (Erik remove the one we have set up for testing)

The real version will be released by this friday. ^_______________^

X-maul

ahh :) Yeah, just noticed that the terrain did not match :) Well I'll check it out when it gets released if I have the time:) (going on vecation next week so I'm not 100% sure that I will have the time to do it)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Staff member
Ah yeah. I'll remove the old version later today. The A.I is very hard though. I think my record is like 3 minutes. It's hard to survive longer than that. The A.I is pretty simple, but very effective.

X-maul

Hehe ok, the reliefs me, I just thought that I was very very bad :b (clearly I am, but that's not the point ;) )

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Staff member
The AI is pretty hard to beat... I am almost convinced to add a "survive against the AI" mode to the game...

X-maul

hah :) Yeah, it is as little rough to say the least ;) Yeah, that could be an option in game - maybe have some friends playing together against the computer? :)

Funce

Forum Assassin
Looking forward to playing it on the SEA server... PEOPLE STILL PLAY ON THAT SERVER

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You would probably have to take a loan to get the Rice cert it is like 14l
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I was hoping you were going to say you wanted to be a cook and wished to open up a Food Truck there are so many opportunities for that here
  • The Helper The Helper:
    you can only open the bar if you sell food and a food truck in the parking lot counts
  • The Helper The Helper:
    here in houston
  • The Helper The Helper:
    most bars are struggling to build food prep and even some I know are doing there own food trucks
  • The Helper The Helper:
    but yeah man you should come to Houston there is so much more opportunity here than San Antonio. Just look at all the homeless people on the Riverwalk and downtown there you cannot even walk down the street without getting mobbed them
  • The Helper The Helper:
    check out this place apparently it is the best roommate site out there roommates.com lol
  • Varine Varine:
    The homeless people reminded me of New York
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll check it out, my lease expires in like a few months so I need to figure something out.
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to open a food truck in Sandpoint a few years ago but the city said no, then like two years later they passed new laws to encourage it and gave them all fucking tax breaks and shit. And at that point I didn't have enough money to go buy one so I was way too late to the game once other cities realized they could just bring their existing truck there, or sell their brick and mortar.
  • Varine Varine:
    I do like food trucks though, they're way more fun than restaurants and usually I also get some of that tip money there.
  • Varine Varine:
    Restaurants are really hard if you don't have a back up source of income to fund them sometimes, in my experience most owners either got really really lucky, had existing money that allowed them to buy an already successful one, or they have family money to fall back on for loans. It's few and far between to see very inspiring success stories where the person actually got it through hard work and perseverance. I thought about opening one lots and I always just end up not thinking it'll work. I would much rather just find someone that has that money and go work for them
  • The Helper The Helper:
    i am not talking about opening a brick and mortar I am talking about food trucks though I have seen some brick and mortar mexican places open up during covid that are doing good because there food is awesome!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Food trucks are killing out here because Bars cannot open unless they sell food and the governor ok'd the use of a food truck in front as serving food
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Just not enough food trucks
  • The Helper The Helper:
    a buddy of mine just opened up a food truck and he is killing it but he is a great cook and has awesome food right in the middle of the pandemic too food trucks are immune to pandemic because they are take out in Texas you will always be able to get take out or delivery
  • The Helper The Helper:
    He is in the different food facebook groups in houston and posts videos of him making his food
  • The Helper The Helper:
    he is killing it
  • jonas jonas:
    @Varine with the restaurants, there surely is a lot of luck and hard work but most restaurants fail because they suck. Flair isn't right, economics not well thought through, food is mediocre or sucks, location is bad, etc. If you're thinking about opening one, make sure you're looking at the stories of those that would be playing at your level, don't let your hopes be dragged down by all the subpar restaurants out there.
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm a bit worried about the future of data science, there's an influx of incompetent people hired by incompetent managers, that can't last. But I'm sure smart data scientists will always be useful and hireable. Same as smart security people.
  • jonas jonas:
    My sister in law worked in a vegan food truck, the owners were also making a killing, added several trucks and opened two restaurants over 5 years
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The CompTIA stuff is pretty much crap unfortunately. The places that ask for those low-level certs aren't likely places you want to work. For IT you really want a degree, but in the meantime you need to figure out some way to learn the skills. Cybersecurity is really hot right now so competition is fierce.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I realized I don't have anything much to say, other than "Good luck!". Compared to other places, I'm just very lucky we didn't have a lot of surges of cases coming in.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter just got back from school at Georgetown TX, outside of Austin and said there were 100 cases in the last week but she also said nobody was wearing a mask anywhere so people mask up and stay safe!
    +1

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop