Haunting Wave Help

RanCatu

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new here same to triggers too XD. Does anyone know how to make the Haunting Wave ability from Heroes of the Storm through triggers? Please use GUI, I can't understand JASS. I've been trying to remake it many times but it always give me errors.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Would be helpful if you told us first what that is and what it does.

RanCatu

Reaction score
Oops sorry about that XD. It is an ability that summons three banshees that moves straight line in front of the caster, damaging enemies that the banshees passes through (damage is:+???% each level), if it reached the maximum distance (which + distance every level) the banshees will be gone of course and then the caster will be teleported instantly to the banshees' location. I guess what I want is a bit of different from hots version.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds rather simple. The banshees can be units which are created with a trigger. Their movement is a periodic trigger which moves them forward with the "move unit" action.
Damage can either be done with a trigger for finer control, or via the Immolation ability (think Demon Hunter) for better performance.
To check the travel distance give the banshees a timed life but make them otherwise invulnerable. If they die you know their timed life has run out and you can teleport the caster to their position.
If the ability needs to be cast by arbitrary units, even several of them owned by the same player at the same time, you may use rally-points for the banshees to store the original caster.

RanCatu

Reaction score
I already tried that sir but when their time expires, they just stand there repeatedly acting their death animation, or sometimes, they became a controllable unit.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know what you did, but believe me that it would work if you did it right.
You may try to post your triggers here. Perhaps we can tell you what the problem is.

Edit: Here, I made a small test map to show you one way to do it.

Attachments

• BansheeTeleport.w3x
    19.5 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:

RanCatu

Reaction score
Thank you for showing me the lead sir XD! But can I still fix the banshee's pauses?
Sorry I'm still new to triggers because last time I tried editing a trigger, it was a disaster hehe.
This is the video of the ability:
It's in 0:05 sir.
And am I allowed giving +reps or the moderators are the only ones who can?

Last edited:

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
How fluid the animation is depends on how long the wait in the "Channel-Update" trigger is. Turn the time down and the movement will become more fluid. I am sure you will be able to play with the triggers to tweak them the way you want them to be.
Take special notes on the abilities the Banshee has in the Unit Editor. The Locust, Rally, Ghost (visible) and Invulnerability abilities are very important to how the triggers work.

RanCatu

Reaction score
Oh okay sir thank you sir! I got it! XD And am I allowed giving + reps here? I want to thank you for helping me XD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.