Having a problem with The Xtra Editors for Mac

D

DevliN[V]

You can't get the Mac MPQ2k to work with GUEdit 3.6. You can open GUEdit 3.6 since it uses Java, but it looks for MPQ2k.exe, the PC version. Unless GoldenUrg makes a new version of GUEdit that looks for the Mac file, Mac users can't use it at all.

P

PyroRat

then whats the mac verson of mpq2k.exe? and the lmpqapi.dl, storm.dll, and starcraft.exe?

D

DevliN[V]

It is essentially the same name without the .exe at the end. GUEdit looks for the .exe as well, which Mac programs can't have in order to run.

P

PyroRat

sure but what is the extentions it uses (the mac equivilent to dll and .exe)

D

DevliN[V]

For programs, Macs use no extensions. MPQ2K is simpy called MPQ2k, no extentio at all.

Oh and does anyone know where I can find Emerald Editor for OS X? I found it awhile back and now when I open it, I see on the dock that it opens Emerald then the StarEdit icon starts bouncing, but then they both quit. So obviously I need a new version of it. The only one I saw on the "Mac Customs Lair" doesn't work on my computer for some unknown reason. It says "Item 'StarEdit Emerald' is used by Mac OS X and cannot be opened" and then when I click OK another pop-up comes saying "The Operation Could Not Be Completed" "An unexpected error occurred (error code -50)." Any suggestions?

U

Unregistered

Have you tried downloading the emerald aspects editors from mac customs , and just using the emerald version of the aspects? It might be a tinytiny bit different but owell. Just go to page one of this post and repeat the same process that I told the other guy to use (except with the 'emerald' aspect)

You'll see it when you download it

D

DevliN[V]

Yeah I tried it and it didn't work. It just opened up StarEdit with no differences in it. I also tried a separate way that someone at BlizzForums uggested but that didn't work either.

B

Bounder[X]

I have a mac and Staredit Emerald works fine with OS X for me... I just use the Emerald Aspect and did what the guy told me to do at the begining of this post.
'`:.:Bounder[X]:.:'`:cool: :cool:

B

Bounder[X]

Yes i am. I started this post before I registered.
.:'`':.Bounder[X].:'`':.

D

DevliN[V]

Originally posted by DevliN[V]
Yeah I tried it and it didn't work. It just opened up StarEdit with no differences in it. I also tried a separate way that someone at BlizzForums uggested but that didn't work either.
I've tried this. Basically what happens is Emerald immediately quits once I try to open it.

U

Unregistered

GUEdit can be run on a Mac, it is written in Java. What you need is the MRJ (Mac Java Runtime). The reason it wont open is not because its a Windoze local program, its because of the MPQ files that it requires.

U

Unregistered

NEED HELP!!!!

I am currently downloading Star Craft Xtra Editor, wut do i do after???? I DL IT ONCE AND IT SAID THAT IT COULDNT BE OPENED... WUT DO I DO?????

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
After you install, you must use the wizard.
Use the wizard to install all five editors by clicking them.
After this, click Start, go to your normal Starcraft directory and it should be located there.

U

Unregistered

Emerald Problems

I just downloaded Emerald 3.5.4, but for some reason it won't work. Tells me:

"The application 'StarEdit' could not be opened because 'Storm--CreateSoundBuffer__12IDirectSoundFP13_DSBUFFERDESCPP18IDirectSoundBufferP8IUnknown' could not be found.

You may need to install a newer version of 'Storm--CreateSoundBuffer__12IDirectSoundFP1'"

But I can use StarEdit with no problem. This only happens when I try to open Emerald. Anyone know what the deal is? I am trying to get this to run on a Mac G4 9.1. Thanks for any help in advance.

S

Selix

Sorry to bring this topic back alive, but I have been trying to find an OSX/Carbon version of StarEdit.

I have tried StarFire but that needs StarEdit (Carbon) and I even tried StarEdit Emerald, and it gives me an SMPQ Error (Which I'll be able to post later when I'm at home rather than at school).

If Emerald -doesn't- give me teh error, it's because its pointed at the Classic version of StarEdit...

Heh, to answer your probable question about 'Why doesn't he have Classic/OS 9 installed?' My father said he forgot to install it and he won't install it till the harddrive is backed up.

If anyone could send me some links/files via email, that would be greatly appreciated.

I can be contacted @:
[email protected] - Email
or
sacmorelven - AIM

Any help is greatly appreciated.

U

unreg. wil

Wil here. I can't even find a copy of emerald to start with

Every where I look, all the links are dead. Can somone tell me where to get emerald for mac?
thanks, Wil

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.