Having a problem with The Xtra Editors for Mac

U

Unregister

errrrrrrrrrrrrrr

ive tried and tried to get a starcraft edtor for mac so i read this forum and starcraft emerlds links dont work plz plz i want to make maps but i have mac osx and not 9 so where are they plz post a answear ....... im really sorry im bringing theis topic back to life but nothiing is working HELP

P

penisdick

I CAN NOT FIND ANY STARCRAFT EMERALD LINKS THAT AREn'T DEAD ANYWHERE! I'M NOT SORRY FOR REVIVING THE ToPIC CAUSE I WANT THE PROGRAM lol

J

Justintime

Help Me Please starcraft emerald

Hi i need some help

I have downloaded Emerald Aspect 2.0 r1 and have no idea what to do with it next. I read the other stuff about on the thread and im still stuck.

Im running Mac OSX 10.3.9 and using Starcraft Broodwar.

do i need to dowlaod any thing else? if you could help me i would be d°L°b
U

Thank you

M

Matt-Burch(A

:banghead: NEED SQUARE TILES??:banghead:

You can make square tiles for mac (well its kindof rectangle(double square tile))
First you need a mouse with a mouse wheel that can control the scroll bar of the editor. if you have that you first outline what you want square. then you fill in the area you outlined with, with a different terrain but when you are outlining you must scroll up/down make sure the page moves. Then you let go of the left click and you should still be using the terrain without the mouse down then u fill in the area. after that you click so the terrain ain't following your mouse anymore and you undo till ur square tiles are there (2 times usually). OH MAKE SURE WHEN YOU OUTLINE YOU USE THE SAME TERRAIN AS YOU ARE OUTLINING IN.
:confused:
EXAMPLE:: you have a freshly loaded map, dirt is in all, you outline a 10x10 square with your diamond shaped tile maker, then you get high dirt and start filling it in, you scroll ur scroller down 1 then up 1 without moving the mouse (so it dont mess anything up) when the block is filled just how you want it u make so u not dragging the terrain anymore and undo till the outline is bak to what it used to be, and VOILA you got rectangular square tiles (mess around with it and you will have a pernament square tile for that map)

any questions just ask me

M

Master_Drow

link problem

note the link two posts up does not work and im also looking for a SCBR editor for a Mac G4 running 10.3.9 all help is appreciated

K

KillerSprite

StarFire Edit can use StarEdit. There is no staredit carbon, and i think whoever made that made a mistake. It should work with the classic StarEdit. And Emerald is broken in OS X. control-click it and Show Package contents. Look around for a file called MPQ1 or MPQ2. One has the addon thing and the other doesn't. Move the Starcraft Mac Patch from the starcraft files folder and move the MPQ file in. Rename it Starcraft Mac Patch and start staredit. there you go. You cant run sc while you use staredit, so after you are done, move the old one back and the new one out.

I

isg88

Um

Matt-Burch(A
Is there a way to scroll without a that type of mouse?

U

Unregister

omfg

it tookme forever to download it and it says that gay message iam looseing my temper gosh darn all i want to do is play WoW

T

TerranuApart

Bound Making

I'm trying to make a bound with SC X-tra Editor and the editor is great and all, im just wondering how do i make it so when i touch a unit the bounder will die? And i know you can just make the trigger follow the unit, but how do you do it if there are like 50 larva in one small area? im soooooo confused

F

-fool-

make a new thread next time but you use movelocations. you can do it 2 ways. either set the movelocation othe player, or on the larva. this will do it on the palyer

conditions
always
actions
center a move location on marine owned by player 1 called move location player 1

Conditions
player 8 brings atleast 1 larva to move location player 1
(switch larva maze is set)
Actions
kill 1 marine owned by player 1 at move location player one
display text for current player "lolz you are bad at video games"

the switch is just if you are using switches to set your levels so certain things only happen at certain times (and you should do that)

L

Lord_Jeremy

Bound

Make a location follow the player's unit. Then, make it so if a larva enter's the location following the player, kill the player. Make sure the location is about the same size as the player.

S

shocko

how to use starcraft campaign editor

hi i know how to do everything basic pretty much but wen it comes to triggers im allways messing up and i find it hard to make a game that works if it doesnt have triggers ive tried making rpgs and ive tried making a WWmap i havent tested the WW map yet and my rpg had faults i can probably fix those faults however for example how do i set the objectives wen u go into the game and howd i make it so they press start to go in game thanks to anyone who replys to this if ur on U.S East add me (shocko) and help me out a bit thanks yall

E

eRyAnCrAfT

If you are asking "How do I change the Mission Objectives in the startup screen of my RPG?" then I have an answer. Under 'Scenario' on the top bar (depending on if you have StarEdit, or X-tra Editor, I need to know) click on Mission Briefings. From there a screen will pop up as would a triggers menu would. Click 'New' and under Actions you can choose to have a speaking portrait or a wait time. To have people click on start to start the game may be tricky, because if there are more than one person playing, all the people would have to click the 'Start'. You can put a long wait time and hopefully by then everyone would have pressed start.

F

-fool-

in the Mission Briefings thing you can make a new trigger and have the action "set mission objectives to ____________ for __ seconds".

in game there is an action i think that sets mission objctives to ____, or it uses the one from mission briefings.

J

jesus christ

DevliN[V] said:
For programs, Macs use no extensions. MPQ2K is simpy called MPQ2k, no extentio at all.

Oh and does anyone know where I can find Emerald Editor for OS X? I found it awhile back and now when I open it, I see on the dock that it opens Emerald then the StarEdit icon starts bouncing, but then they both quit. So obviously I need a new version of it. The only one I saw on the "Mac Customs Lair" doesn't work on my computer for some unknown reason. It says "Item 'StarEdit Emerald' is used by Mac OS X and cannot be opened" and then when I click OK another pop-up comes saying "The Operation Could Not Be Completed" "An unexpected error occurred (error code -50)." Any suggestions?

uh....yea Macs program extension is .app :p

P

PLZ HELP ME

Where do you dwnload GUedit???????????

Where the heck do you download GUedit for mac??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

X

XtermanatorX

I Need Som Help

Is there a programe that you can make squares tile(mac)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.