~ Having some odd Skin/Model Problems

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Im gonna make this short and simple.

I imported 1 skin and 1 model into my map.

These are the ones:
Model: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=48783&prev=s=pirate&d=list&r=20
Skin: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources_new/skins/1224/

When I first made my map, I had the normal Admiral Proudmoore Model and a edited version of the Pirate model above that I requested. (Located HERE). That worked fine.
My problem now is, I decided to go back to the normal Pirate model (The immported one) with the default Admiral Skin. And I also imported the above skin of Barbosa on Admiral Proudmoore. When I test the map the Barbosa skin is now on the Pirate model and the Admiral Model. I can't see anything in the paths that would change this but I think the pirate model uses the Admiral game texture and since I changed that it affects both, is this correct? And if so, how would I go about fixing this? +rep for any help provided.

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Wow, that got really confusing...
First of all,
with a custom skin that I requested. (Located HERE).
that "custom skin" is a model.
Second of all, I would try getting the wc3image exporter, then exporting the admiral game texture. That way, you can use the original for textures used on the models, and use your newly made texture for the model you want to keep as the admiral...?
I hope this made sense and helped. I tried my best. =p
good luck.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I did not understand you much but I'll try

Well if you hae some trouble like the skin for a unit wont change its looks, try restarting world editor.

Next is if you want your custom model to have a new skin, you could edit it.

If you could rephrase what you just have said then I might help you more, but I cant understand it really well.

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Ok, sorry about confusing you guys and some mistakes I made, I was in a hurry :p

I think I already know the problem so Ill just ask for a solution to it.

The problem I think is that the imported model, the pirate one, uses an in game texture and when I change the default model Adrmiral Proudmoore's skin, the in game texture for him also changes so even though theres no visible import path similarities, the skin is changed for both of them.

So, is there a way to keep the Admiral Skin and the custom "Barbosa" skin seperate?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.