World Hawaii: Mrs Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele furious over ID name snub

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
A Hawaiian woman has been left outraged after state officials asked her to cut down her 36-letter surname – because it wouldn’t fit on the ID card.

Furious Janice Lokelani Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele claims the state has been ‘disrespectful’ towards her Hawaiian heritage after being reissued an ID card with only 35 letters in her surname.

Her name is so long that the driving licence in question does not even include her first name and middle names at all.

Mrs Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele, who has had to carry two ID cards for the past 20 years, said that the action of missing off one letter was ‘disrespectful of the Hawaiian people’.

‘The county has never accommodated my name on my driver’s license,’ she told Honolulu television station KHON2.

She said the new ID has created a number of problems for her, including not being able to travel and being questioned by police during traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Believe it or not, but you are behind the time and I'm on the opposite side of the freaking world, homie.

I saw the news article on this on TV like 2 days ago.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Believe it or not, but you are behind the time and I'm on the opposite side of the freaking world, homie.

I saw the news article on this on TV like 2 days ago.
:( And I thought that getting an early two hour vacation is fast enough.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I am going insane or is there only 35 letters in her surname, not 36? I have counted it several time now and I only keep getting 35. It has been shortened to 34 on her drivers licence.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I am going insane or is there only 35 letters in her surname, not 36? I have counted it several time now and I only keep getting 35. It has been shortened to 34 on her drivers licence.

I got 33 the first time round :(

DM Cross

Reaction score

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

DM Cross

Reaction score
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.