Health Heart attack man 'drank four Red Bulls a day'

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Fears have been raised over the safety of high-caffeine energy drinks after an inquest heard they could have brought on a fatal heart attack.

Alfredo Duran, 40, who drank four cans of Red Bull every night, collapsed and died after working a supermarket night shift.

An inquest into his death heard that he had an enlarged heart and that caffeine may have triggered an attack.

Dr Ian Roberts, a pathologist, said the amount of Red Bull Mr Duran drank could have contributed to his death.

Read the whole story here.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
holy shit i drink that ammount myself :O 4 a day

u do realize that the only stimulant in red bull is caffeine, and it only has about 75mg

so, lets see, you drink 4/day @ 75mg/can

which is about 300mg/day

since each can costs 2 bucks, that is 300mg/8 dollars

U can get caffeine pills at your local drug store, jars of 100 pills(200mg/pill), for about 3 dollars

that ends up being about 300mg/4.5 cents

you my friend, are a complete idiot, one, for drinking 4 red bulls a day, two, for drinking red bulls period, three, for being reliant on a stimulant, and four, for spending so much uneeded money......gg

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
yesterday i drank 2 IRN BRU -> Iron Brew

and i started to feel funny too.. 4 a day is just too much!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I only drink energy drinks when the branded cars come by and give them out for free. :thup:

They don't even taste all that good.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I drink Monster, not because it's an energy drink.. it's because it tastes good :thup:

H34DhUnT3r

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
u do realize that the only stimulant in red bull is caffeine, and it only has about 75mg

so, lets see, you drink 4/day @ 75mg/can

which is about 300mg/day

since each can costs 2 bucks, that is 300mg/8 dollars

U can get caffeine pills at your local drug store, jars of 100 pills(200mg/pill), for about 3 dollars

that ends up being about 300mg/4.5 cents

you my friend, are a complete idiot, one, for drinking 4 red bulls a day, two, for drinking red bulls period, three, for being reliant on a stimulant, and four, for spending so much uneeded money......gg

okay just want to set things right..

First of all where did you saw me write "Red Bull"? I drink that ammount of energy drink yes.. but i don't drink Red Bull... I drink a sort like drink, but it tastes way better then Red Bull and its way cheaper: about 29 cents each..

Second: "U can get caffeine pills" -.- I drink it cuz it tastes good..

"three, for being reliant on a stimulant" -> refering to Second..

"four, for spending so much uneeded money" -> refering to First..

Please don't reply on someone if you don't know what you're saying.....gg

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
lol, so jury says, your a tard

the story was about red bull, and you said you drank four of those a day, its easy to surmise how I made the connection

energy drinks do not taste good, mountain dew tastes good, DR. pepper tastes good, but energy drinks definitely do not taste good, at least not by comparison, its your twisted, addiction induced delusion your brain has been tricking you to believe

the rest of your "arguments" are irrelevant, or rather, are informal fallacies

go learn to present your thoughts in a logical, coherent manner next time, and plz refrain from premature gg's

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Wow, 4 red bull a day, that's just too much. I don't drink energy drinks unless I am LANing, but once on a lan I can drink rather lots. But I think as long as you dont make it a habit it cant be that bad.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.