Heart of the Swarm New Unit Details-Zerg-Swarm Host14

emking

Reaction score
Background:
The Swarm Host has no weapons of its own, but can represent an army unto itself. Generated by the Infestation Pit, it spawns parasitic symbiotes known as locusts, which attack any nearby enemies with volleys of acidic saliva. This crawling monstrosity burrows into the ground in order to provide a seemingly endless supply of ferocious biological minions, and is often used in defensive maneuvers. This lack of mobility can leave the Swarm Host vulnerable to quicker enemies with area damage like the Hellion.

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
Zerg IS the best. "WE ALL DIE TO PROTECT THE HIVE" - true legion

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont like it. I dont like the broodlord too.
It messes with the units AI and makes the game rather boring then entertaining.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
It messes with the units AI

isn't that what force fields, workers holding position, zerglings holding position, workers going to mineral patches, ultras pushing lings away, etc. do? actually, doesn't anything other than a direct A-move command mess with the units AI?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
isn't that what force fields, workers holding position, zerglings holding position, workers going to mineral patches, ultras pushing lings away, etc. do? actually, doesn't anything other than a direct A-move command mess with the units AI?
Force fields and workers holding positions are designed that way. Its micro intensive.
The only use for force fields is to mess up the pathing of units and cut their retreat route or block them from entering.
But broodlords are supposed to be the zergs siege unit equivalent, they are supposed to deal high damage. There is not much micro needed, you just put them somewhere and they create and endless stream of broodlings. Its cheap in my opinion.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.