Heavan vs. Hell Hero Line Wars

wassat676

Reaction score
Heavan vs. Hell
Hero Line Wars

This is my latest map and I am quite proud of it. It actually takes Hero Line Wars and gives it a purpose. Instead of battling each other without an idea of why you are fighting, in this, u assume the role of heavan or hell and go at it.

Terrain
The terrain is unique in that both lanes are different, the south lane is inspired by hell with fire, redish tiles and what not. The north one is heavan inspired with lightning (the most heavanish thing i cud think of) and white tiles, ect. when playing as hell, as you get closer to the place where the creeps come in, your altitude increases and its reversed in hell. It is almost like when in hell u are ascending to heavan and when in hell you are decending to hell. Truly unique if i do say so myself.

Heros
Hero selection involves a wisp and circle of power, traditional that way everyone is sure of how to select their hero. There are two differnent platforms for selection. The high platform houses the heavan heros and the low platform houses the hell heros. They are balanced so heavan doesnt have stronger heros than hell and vice versa. Their skills are hell inspired, but not exactly unique to my map. As the versions come out i will remove, replace, and add heros just to keep things interesting. The level cap is 120.

Creeps
Another cool thing that only i have seen in my map is the creeps. The creeps are different for each team. By different i mean they look different however they are essentially the same creep, the difference is purly cosmetic. Having creeps like this further enrichs the plot of angels vs. demons.

PvP and Items
You wont find much difference in the items in my map vs. ones from the other except maybe a few heavan/hell themed items. There is a spell palace that many of you are used to if u get put in a tight spot. There will be tomes of power to get u to the holy/demonic level of 120. You will need this in order to kick some "a" in my PvP arena. It is half hell and half heavan (i may end up naming it purgatory) You will be able to duke it out with other players. Losing player of course loses items (which may or may not be a big deal if your income is at max (1000000)).

Future Plans
I plan on having a PvP ranking system going that you will be able to use a save/load code to retrieve however the issue i face with this is that too many people will be unfair to others and decrypt my code becasue it will only be 4-6 characters long. In conjunction with this i will also manufacture two game modes... hero line wars and hero wars so that someone doesnt just load a level 120 hero and toatally anihilate everyone. I will do my best to make it an unlogical code that way its more difficult to figure. Adding unique/special items that can also be saved to the save/load code so that your hero is unique to you, and that encourages players to come back and play again.

I would love to know what you think about this map and im always open to suggestions, you can reply to this post or talk to me on battle.net (mynamematt).

current version: Preparing beta launch, around 9:00PM Eastern Standard Time

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
As I understand it, there's already a very successful hero-dueling game with the exact same name and theme. How is yours different?

Mr Zero

Junior Regular (Got the T-shirt)
Reaction score
wassat676 said:
Future Plans
I plan on having a PvP ranking system going that you will be able to use a save/load code to retrieve however the issue i face with this is that too many people will be unfair to others and decrypt my code becasue it will only be 4-6 characters long. In conjunction with this i will also manufacture two game modes... hero line wars and hero wars so that someone doesnt just load a level 120 hero and toatally anihilate everyone. I will do my best to make it an unlogical code that way its more difficult to figure. Adding unique/special items that can also be saved to the save/load code so that your hero is unique to you, and that encourages players to come back and play again.

One word: OMFG!!!.

Looks like this. I'm a newbie and want to play this game called "Heavan vs. Hell Hero Line Wars". I start the game and out of the blue sky, there is a level 120 hero right beside me and kicking my ass... You have to set limt or something like that

wassat676

Reaction score
In conjunction with this i will also manufacture two game modes... hero line wars and hero wars so that someone doesnt just load a level 120 hero and toatally anihilate everyone.

Read before posting

wassat676

Reaction score
firstly, ive never played another heavan vs hell hero line wars, you must be thinking of the dota-ish game because ive been playing wc3 for about 3 years and have never seen it. In the final stages of my game, it will be unbelievable, and why the negativity??

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
wassat676 said:
firstly, ive never played another heavan vs hell hero line wars, you must be thinking of the dota-ish game because ive been playing wc3 for about 3 years and have never seen it. In the final stages of my game, it will be unbelievable, and why the negativity??

I'm sorry, the "Heaven vs. Hell" I was thinking of was an arena game after all. The link is apparently here, if anyone wants to look at it: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=32032. I apologize for sounding negative; I was just trying to see what made this game different in theme from other religion-based games (not in gameplay, which you've discussed at great length).

wassat676

Reaction score
well most everything you do in the game is completly different from the other force. I am trying to make it so that if you play as heavan, and then later decide to play as hell you seem to be playing an entirly differnt game. There are 36 different heros (18 on each team) which is quite a lot of work as u might imagine. I am currently in the process of finishing spells for all heros (at the very moment im creating heavans variation of black arrows :D ). You will notice the most skills in heavan are differnt looking but do essentially the same thing. As for a religeon based game, most religions do believe in heavan and hell or places similar to them but i might create a few spin offs of other religeons as heros (maybe a hero thats supposed to be alah but since u cant show an image of him, he will be invisible, lol). So i guess thats whats different.

oh and this is heavan vs. hell not hell vs. heavan as shown in ur link

wassat676

Reaction score
this is to pawnable:

this is not a hero arena, this is a hero line wars with a slight hero arena element. By providing loadable heros in the future i offer you to take your hero to levels unknown, although it might not be incredibly interensting after a while, its something and it is not the main part of the game

P

Pawnable

.... I know this isn't hero arena. But hero wars is where theres 2 sides, a light and a dark and you fight with some ally weak creeps... correct? THAT IS STILL PVP WITH INTERFERANCE!

wassat676

Reaction score
but its not weak creeps, i have 4 tiers each with 11 creeps in it. Its not computer controlled and its not a hero arena, its hero line why dont u listen, the pvp is only part of it, a very small part.

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
so is this game a hero line wars based somewhat off of "Hell vs Heaven" or is ot a completley made up name for it and has nothing to do with the arena game made by Bigballsoffire?

if the name was made up im thinking you should change it slightly becuase HvH is a pretty popular game on B.net and a lot of players wil mistake this for being based off of HvH....wait...then that means your map will get popular faster...lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.