Spell Heaven's Call

L

LegACy99

Well, this is my second skill submission, so please take a look.

Name : Heaven's Call
Version : 1.01
Catagory : Ultimate
Levels : 3
Theme : Life and Death
Coding : GUI
MPI : No
MUI : No

Mana cost : 200/300/400 (It should be, but in the sample map I leave it as 100 for testing purpose)
Cooldowns : 120 seconds (It should be, but I leave it as 5 secs for tresting purpose

Heaven's Call
btnheavenscallwb6.png

Grave calls upon the souls of the deads around him, then he opens a gate to the heavens, and send the souls over there. Each soul will deal some damage when it collides with enemy units.

Level 1 - Each soul deals 25 damage.
Level 2 - Each soul deals 50 damage.
Level 3 - Each soul deals 75 damage.

Channeling

Usage:
Heaven's Call is best used after an ally cast an Areal Spell to clear the creeps, so there will be many corpse that can be turned into soul by the caster, thus dealing maximum damage. Maximum damage is achieved when the target is near the caster or near the portal.

Screenies:
heavenscallscreen1vc2.jpg

heavenscallscreen2bf8.jpg

Here's the sample map!
Heaven's Call v1.00
Heaven's Call v1.01

And here's a readme (taken from the sample map)
=====================================
How to Copy Heaven's Call Spell to Other Map
=====================================

What does Heaven's Call use
-----------------------------------------------
- A dummy, single targeting, channeling spell (Stampede is used in this sample map).
- 2 dummy unit, one for Soul and another for portal (You can copy it right from the sample map)
- 27 variables (It's all the variable included in this map, other than Spawn Creeps and Spawn Area variable).
- 3 triggers, one as the initializer, another for soul gathering, and the last one for soul sending.

Copying instruction
------------------------------
1a. First. you need to copy the dummy spell I made in this map (A000:ANst (Heaven's Call)).
1b. Or you can make your own dummy spell, which must be single targeting, channeling, and have no effect (damage, stun, whatever).
2. Copy the 3 triggers in Heaven's Call catagory.
3. Copy the custom units I made in this map (it's u000:ushd (Soul) and u001:ushd (Heaven's Portal))
4. Connect all the spell, trigger, units, etc referring to this sample map.
5. Put LegACy / M4Ste12 (I prefer LegACy tho) to your credit list. ^^

Well, I'm looking forward to your C&C, guys! May be there's still a leak I'm missing, or a bug.

Anyway, feel free to use this on your map, as long as there's my name on it.

Skill Changelog
  • v1.00
    - Created the original Heaven's Call.
    - Released it to thehelper.net
  • v1.01
    - Fixed up a minor bug with channeling.
    - Fixed the animation a bit.

P.S. In the sample map, Grave is the name of the hero, so I put him in the skill description.

Attachments

• LegACy99 Heaven's Call v1.00.w3x
    57.5 KB · Views: 355
  • LegACy99 Heaven's Call v1.01.w3x
    58.1 KB · Views: 552

Estel3

Reaction score
Wow this is possibly one of the most unique spells I've ever seen. Very cool stuff. I didn't look at the trigger for long but definite +rep for the idea from me. Hell I may even use this in my map (with credit for you of course).

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
just a little note, if you copy a trigger (or trigger category, makie it go faster) and then paste it into another map, it brings all the variables it uses along with it, so there's no point in makeing the variables and then putting in the triggers

L

LegACy99

Wow this is possibly one of the most unique spells I've ever seen. Very cool stuff. I didn't look at the trigger for long but definite +rep for the idea from me. Hell I may even use this in my map (with credit for you of course).
thanks!
So another form of Corpse Explosion? sort of.
corpse explosion? what's that?
just a little note, if you copy a trigger (or trigger category, makie it go faster) and then paste it into another map, it brings all the variables it uses along with it, so there's no point in makeing the variables and then putting in the triggers
oh yea, I made the readme on my first spell, and back then, I don't know there's an option that enable variable copying... changed it now.

Anyway, I found it laggy if I have 10 souls or more. Do you guys have that lag? Or is it my crappy computer?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I honestly don't understand this spell.
It makes no sense...
I just cast it in a random place and I see some people in the general area lose HP...

L

LegACy99

I honestly don't understand this spell.
It makes no sense...
I just cast it in a random place and I see some people in the general area lose HP...
oh come on... it's simple, you summon 'souls' from corpses around you, then they gather to you. afterward, you shoot it toward a portal. Every units collided with the soul will take damage. The souls are that blue-ish dragon hawk's missile. You must have missed it.

S

Scourgey

oh come on... it's simple, you summon 'souls' from corpses around you, then they gather to you. afterward, you shoot it toward a portal. Every units collided with the soul will take damage. The souls are that blue-ish dragon hawk's missile. You must have missed it.

Okay, there's 3 steps to the spell, it doesn't sound that simple :). Nice spell idea though.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I didn't try at the map, but the idea is cool... Good Job..

BTW: Look at screenshot 1, Look at the Portrait.. ^_^

L

LegACy99

IT IS v1.01 GUYS! fixed a minor bug and animation!
I didn't try at the map, but the idea is cool... Good Job..

BTW: Look at screenshot 1, Look at the Portrait.. ^_^
Try it, I need to see some coding review...
Haha, yea, and I just pressed the PrintScreen randomly ^^

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
this is GUI so I cannot look at it :(

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are so many arrays, variables and loops... It's hard to tell if you actually remove all the leaks.

----------------------------------

Interesting spell! Very original.

I don't know if it's intended, but when you first cast the spell, before the souls are launched towards the portal, they do damage units around. Then, they get launched and damage them another time. Only happened to me when I aimed the portal near the position of the caster.

Otherwise, if leaks are fine, this spell is good. You might want to use leak checker.

L

LegACy99

I don't if it's intended, but when you first cast the spell, before the souls are launched towards the portal, they do damage units around. Then, they get launched and damage them another time. Only happened to me when I aimed the portal near the position of the caster.
it is intended, so the spell first damage unit when it gathers, than damage again when it's launched.
Otherwise, if leaks are fine, this spell is good. You might want to use leak checker.
Nah, I don't believe leak checker, they're not really accurate. I believe I've removed the leak 120%. I've double checked it. I believe there's other way to check leaks? I've heard (or seen, since I saw it in the forum) something like 'when I use this spell, it eats 4kb of my memory!'

Thanks for reviewing BTW!

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
yeah nice and original so +rep (+reps are free, why not spend it before you leave this site and never come back?)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.