Arena Hell vs. Heaven : Elements of War

nhammen

Reaction score
hey Happy can you give us some update on the map is there going to be any release soon its been around month since your last update tnx

Happy

Reaction score
@ nhammen : because i married and also searching for a new appartement the whole time i nearly had no time for the map...so please forgive me :D

sooooo....and now the update :

things i have to add before the release:

1. the rest of the items (fused ; enchanted weapons are finished)
2. the drop system
3. a "door-open-system" (5 minutes work :D)
4. boss respawn (5 minutes work too :D)
5. multiboard
6. winning condition
7. information system for the starting heroes (there's an area you can walk in and read base informations of the hero and the difficulty to play him)

after that ill release a version.

nhammen

Reaction score
Then gratz man and gl looking for appartment dont worry its good the project is alive and not dropped thats good we can wait as long is neccesary bye

Happy

Reaction score
sooooo....a little update so you guys know how far the project is...

the rest im working on at the moment :

- rest of the items (about 700 at the moment ; 300-400 left to release; about 1500 items planned in total)
- testing the systems and balancing with a friend
- bug searching and bug removing ;D
- some "facelifting" like spell button positions

if thats done (i hope not too many bugs and glitches appear...) i release the first version here, on the hive and on epicwar.

cya all :D

[offtopic] @ nhammen : thanks ^.^ now we have our new appartment :D [/offtopic]

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Question, will you be able to add some basic AI or other means of playing singleplayer? I love hero arenas, but my battle.net isn't working and I usually just screw around and watch a movie while playing to pass the time. It's hard to find a good Angel Arena or Hell vs Heaven that has AI or other means of playing singleplayer

Happy

Reaction score
@ Jaujarahje : i wont add AI for some reasons :D

1. ill make a small system checking whether its played single player and end the game instandly so nobody can cheat gold and try recipes for ours.
2. i would not be able to make an AI playing with all the possibilities you have.
3. the AI would take much space and the space is already planned ;D

so im sorry...no AI for my map.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
I agree with no AI for the map.

Dota is an exception because it lets people improve there skills. but
so nobody can cheat gold and try recipes for ours
wouldn't you want people to be able to learn what can be done and calculate strategies?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
@ Jaujarahje : i wont add AI for some reasons :D

1. ill make a small system checking whether its played single player and end the game instandly so nobody can cheat gold and try recipes for ours.
2. i would not be able to make an AI playing with all the possibilities you have.

1, I don't find it useful. We lack WC3 players nowadays, it's quite hard to find people to play with. I like to test those things against bots (even in League of Legends, but the reason is different - I wouldn't like to lose, it was quite hard to achieve the "110 more wins than loses" :p)
2, You don't have to write it, there's already a quite good AI - check this.
3, what space? bytes? so you mean map-size... how big is it at the moment?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
I have an idea to possibly assist you with your farming problem alowing players to just farm the gold and items needed to have a full item set, you can have a timer that resets every time they target an enemy hero or an ally that has recently hit an enemy hero with a positive spell that will give lower gold for every kill or however they get gold, ie: a player sits back and farms on minions for 5 mins but every 20-30 seconds the ammount he gets from each minion kill is reduced by 1%, after 20 mins of farming, thats 40-60% lowered income, which warrants more agressive gameplay

Happy

Reaction score
first of all sorry for not wirting so long...reason you can find below. :D

I have an idea to possibly assist you with your farming problem alowing players to just farm the gold and items needed to have a full item set, you can have a timer that resets every time they target an enemy hero or an ally that has recently hit an enemy hero with a positive spell that will give lower gold for every kill or however they get gold, ie: a player sits back and farms on minions for 5 mins but every 20-30 seconds the ammount he gets from each minion kill is reduced by 1%, after 20 mins of farming, thats 40-60% lowered income, which warrants more agressive gameplay

that i already do with a little "bonus mode" you could call it. It's called "Wanted" and its a unit type on the map granting bonus items or extra gold to the one killing it first. This unit type is annouced and its bounty too so every player will try to kill it as fast as possible and for sure faster then the others...and if theres already someone else they will fight for the creep ^^
also you cant just farm gamble and get imba xD but how i did this i wont tell ;-) youll see if you play my map ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
@ Jaujarahje : i wont add AI for some reasons

1, I don't find it useful. We lack WC3 players nowadays, it's quite hard to find people to play with. I like to test those things against bots (even in League of Legends, but the reason is different - I wouldn't like to lose, it was quite hard to achieve the "110 more wins than loses" )
2, You don't have to write it, there's already a quite good AI - check this.
3, what space? bytes? so you mean map-size... how big is it at the moment?

to 1) even if i would add bots they would act like "fight a creep, buy a low item, fight a creep, heal, fight a creep,..." that wouldnt be a challenge after about 3 minutes ^^
to 2) thanks but like i said....sorry but no AI ^^
to 3) yes i mean bytes ^^ and its about 6 mb at the moment. but think about 1500 items, over 100 different heroes and so on ^^ i need that space ^^ (have to add about 500 item to release :D)

wouldn't you want people to be able to learn what can be done and calculate strategies?

sure....but i want them to do this ONLINE. not solo. :D

and now a little update for you guys :

i dont have internet at ome at the moment so i cant answer the questions and so on as fast as before. sorry for that. but i still work on the map. i should be able to release a beta on the day i get internet at home again :D (should be done until 1st oct)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
actually happy there is a way to program the ai thats way more complex than that that really wont take much time... its a form of ai for dota, it involves last hitting creeps, knowing when getting agressive can be worth it and when being conservative is best, even a way to call mias etc... iv spent a lot of time creating an ai for the npcs in my rpg where it determines who they target, with what abilities, when and how to react to different aspects of the fight and it does this in a few small triggers

Happy

Reaction score
Okay....first of all im sorry that i havent written for so long....i got ill and didnt have time for working on the map or writing here.

Now the update :
I will release a beta on the 1st Dec. !!!

more informations later^^

Happy

Reaction score
hey all readers :D

sorry for writing so late...had to much to do beside map making...

so...and now sorry for not being able to upload the map already but the arena system isnt working so i have to clean the triggers...after that ill upload it here and i hope youll like it. :D

Happy

Reaction score
Sorry for not wirting so long...was busy...

now i search for testers for this map...send me a PM why you should be one of the first people who test this map.

(edited the first post a bit ^^)

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
I will help test if you need someone. Username is Jaujarahje on Wc3. Just message me and I'll test if you need

Happy

Reaction score
at the moment testing the systems with a friend and my brother. afterwards the public tests begin. :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    And our actual cooks aren't really trained for that. Our line lead will be fine but our tournant is still kind of struggling with some things and he takes mistakes way too hard. I got onto him about scorching pans when making cream sauces and he started fucking everything else up, like dude it's fine just turn your heat down a bit. And then he burned like three batches of couscous in a row and it's like man
  • Varine Varine:
    He walked away from the first batch, learned nothing and walked away from the second batch, and then tried to toast it in a saute pan made out of aluminum so it scorched immediately and then I took away and he was sad all day
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I know our range sucks but it's still a fucking fire down there, I've never measured it but I'm sure it's like a couple thousand degrees.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wish I had a flat top grill in my kitchen!
  • jonas jonas:
    I wish I could cook asian dishes :D
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You just need a pressure cooker like an instapot for the asian dishes
  • The Helper The Helper:
    they make that stuff easy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and there is a flat top grill I can buy that will work on my stovetop but it is pricey
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and I have no room for that anyway
  • Varine Varine:
    I have a thing that goes over two burners for my house, but it doesn't work great. I think they make ones that plug in where the coils go but it's not cheap.
  • Varine Varine:
    And yeah if you have a pressure cooker you can do lots of stuff really fast. Depending on what you're trying to do it ranges from really easy to really hard
  • Varine Varine:
    If you want to make tonkotsu broth, you're gonna have a rough time, but if you want to do like stir fries or something that tends to be pretty easy
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Ingredients are sometimes hard to find though, which is why we're doing 'fusion'. We don't have wok burners either, so it'll be kind of a weird transition
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Added another slow cooker recipe - this time a dessert - Slow Cooker Fried Apples https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-slow-cooker-cracker-barrel-fried-apples.192860/
  • Varine Varine:
    I have three teenagers apply for college that all asked for letters of recommendation with like two days notice lol. Like I get it guys, and I'm happy to help, but maybe tell me you need it before you need to turn these applications in?
  • Varine Varine:
    I guess they are literal children, so not exactly the best at thinking ahead. Fucking kids
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Yeah they are just inexperienced and young
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm still horrible at that :eek: often forget things or do things on the last minute
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter is same way
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Saturday people!!!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am sure nobody cares but I am seriously considering taking the Gaming News forum and just changing it to General Gaming Discussion since I post so much about gaming in the General Discussion Forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    guests online 487 at 12:30 and none of them show up on the stats - all bots man
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Latest recipe is a great one - I love Philly Cheese and this is Philly Cheese Meatloaf https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-philly-cheese-meatloaf.192935/
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Beep boop
    +2

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.