Hellgate London

Rad

Reaction score
yeah i know :(

I hope they come out with a demo or something like a week before release though although I dont really except that to happen as I haven't heard any rumors whatsoever

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Rad, downloading it right now! :D

It's time, after the test I'll decide if I pre-order it or not!

Seems like a great game.

Rad

Reaction score
I love it! I can't wait for the release. The demo was pretty limited, I only found maybe 6 different types of weapons for each class and its not really worth getting past level 5.

But when the real game comes out... whole other story :D!

I plan to pay the 10$ by month too. Sweet.

I just wont be able to preorder it. I dont think it will sell out here though.

If you havent played the demo, or are wondering if its worth the ~1 hour download (Depending on your internet and the usage of mirrors) you can spend the next few minutes watching my short gameplay video.

Its nothing special. I always do a short gameplay trailer the first time I buy a game or try it out to show it to my friends.

I put this one on youtube because Photobucket was under maintenance

But anyway... Some details I discovered that I didn't know about in my several days of research etc [Some may be spoilers so only look if you dont care]

Stuff about the game
  • There is no first person for melee classes (AFAIK)
  • There are Town Portals like in Diablo
  • There are also Identify Scrolls (both are called something else)
  • You even get Wirts leg (Well, Wart's leg)
  • Rocket-Pistols own :D
  • Grappling hook = OWNAGE
  • Barrels that explode dont hurt the player, only enemies
  • You don't get overrun by monsters like in the videos...
  • When installed you can choose from 6 different desktop icons (one for each class) :)
  • The "Town" has PORTALS to dungeons, unlike Diablo where everything flowed together
  • Guns do not need ammo (You can upgrade ammo-types though), they do not use mana either
  • You can get an energy shield as a marksman. Im not sure how/why
  • You can CRAFT items by finding recipes
  • You can dissasemble items into raw materials to create new ones
  • You can upgrade items instead of just crafting them
  • There are weapon mods similar to Gems in diablo, only ones I found added damage

Rad

Reaction score
Eh, IMO with the release of Halo 3, Orange Box, and Crysis there is no hype for Hellgate.

Its sad. I preordered it today but I don't know another person who lives within 10 miles who even knows what kind of game it is :(

Is ANYONE going to buy this game? Most people on the game compare it to WoW, and then everyone starts spamming the chat "This is diablo you moron!" :D

Beta ended yesterday, apparently it will open Monday so we can play early although the game doesnt release publically until wednesday. Owned.

Its awesome. I got the lava dye kit =]

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Flagship Studios was created by a bunch of Ex-Blizzard employees who were heavily involved with Diablo. I actually knew some of these guys from the Blizzard Tech Support forums when I was MVP. I don't know how many of those guys are still there but they are an exciting company and their games should be very interesting to people here.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hellgate London is a really great game and I'm going to buy it.

I've played the beta only a bit (Why was it always offline when I wanted to play? :() but the Demo a lot.

And it is very inspiring.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Hellgate London is a really great game and I'm going to buy it.

I've played the beta only a bit (Why was it always offline when I wanted to play? :() but the Demo a lot.

And it is very inspiring.

yes, I am only upset and the limited amount of weapons. I wanted some axes, spears, etc...

M

Moontraveler

Though I never got how Hellgate London got the M ratings by looking at the gameplay videos.

Rad

Reaction score
Flagship Studios was created by a bunch of Ex-Blizzard employees who were heavily involved with Diablo.

Did you know you still have the Flagship Interview under Site Navigation? :D

yes, I am only upset and the limited amount of weapons. I wanted some axes, spears, etc...

Yeah there aren't very many weapons for Templars, but theres plenty for guns. There are different types of swords though, some have splash, some lightning/fire etc. Of course the only other weapon that wasnt a sword was a bat (Cricket bat I think?), and Warts Leg :rolleyes:

Though I never got how Hellgate London got the M ratings by looking at the gameplay videos.

Uh, I'm pretty sure its rated T now, last I knew it was RP (rating pending) and when I preordered it the guy said I need to show ID when I pick it up wednesday.

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I am kinda anticipating it, but need a better performance rig for this game else it might just fail ><

But my friend told me it kinda sux, he works at IAH tought. I doubt if the game has being improved or i'll just say his view is a different one.

Rad

Reaction score
Eh, I only got around level 16 in the beta (and two level 10's, all in 3 days)

The demo was nothing compared to it. They stripped everything out. It all just depends on how your looking at this game really.

If you're expecting a game you can easily play with many random people and have good PvP this probrably wont be for you. But if your like me, and play with the same 3-4 people every day this game will own!

2 of my good skype friends preordered it. ONE DAY LEFT!~ (Rumor on the servers going up early tomorrow for Beta people... it was supposed to be monday but I guess that was a myth)

I've tried to connect to beta SEVERAL times since they went down Friday, lol. No luck though :(

It probrably wont be a great single player game up until you find a clan though, at least, single player wont be nearly as fun compared to playing with friends.

Speaking of clans... :D

Rad

Reaction score
Bump!

If anyone else was invited to the beta they are opening their doors again! This time there will be no character wipe! SWEET!

[edit: they will open SOON.]

It comes out TOMORROW! Going to gamestop as early as I can! :D

Anyways, if you were in the beta check out this post :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shulgoth is like... the only US/CAN server.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.