Health Hello fruits and vegetables! “Junk food” banned from schools July 1

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
INDIANAPOLIS — School leaders are getting ready for a big change in school food service.

The USDA’s Smart Snacks in School rules go into effect July 1, 2014. In short, all “junk food” in vending machines, a la carte lunch, student stores and fundraisers such as bake sales will be banned July 1.

“I think that’s great!” said Betsy Hunsucker, a Brownsburg mother. “I think kids would love fruits and vegetables.”
Fruits, vegetables, dairy, protein-rich foods and whole grain-rich foods are allowed.

Water, milk and 100 percent fruit and vegetable juice is permitted. High school students can have caffeine and low-calorie carbonated drinks.

There are also rules when it comes to nutritional values like calories, sodium, sugar and fat.

“I’m afraid that parents have spoiled their children so much with the choices that they allow them to make at home that the kids will turn up their noses to the nutrition,” said Hunsucker.

Read more here.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure you'll hate the military and their foods, unlike me. I have to eat it no matter what, else you're drained of energy to last for the next 6 hours of riots.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You can still take whatever garbage you want in with you though, right?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
The fucking military is a little different than a school.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.