Defense Hell's Hero Siege

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Introduction.
Im a big fan of "X Hero Siege" by Sogat.... Until it gets to that gay part where the waves stop and then you spend another 30 minutes killing easy bosses. I had an idea, if I like it so much why not make my own version of something like that?

So I came up with "Hell's Hero Siege". My tile set is lava and stuff but if you can think of a better name, please suggest it. :rolleyes:

Now for anyone that hasen't played XHS, here is a description of what happens in my map.

When the game starts, you pick a hero and then your hero is sent to the middle of the map, you get 30 seconds to buy items & stuff before the first wave starts.

Once the wave starts mobs will spawn for you to kill, as you play the game the mobs spawning will get harder and harder to kill, make it through all the waves without letting your castle die and you win.

Details.
Couple things about my map I would like to do are....
-
Use custom hero models (No normal Blizzard heroes.)
Use custom spells & items (No normal boring spells.)

Theres more but thats all I got at the moment. ;)

Suggestions.
I could really use some custom heroes, spells, and item ideas.
Also... for people that have played Sogat's Hero Siege.... Do you like his unit spawning system, or do you like waves of mobs like in TD's?

PS: Later down the road I will probabaly need some BETA testers but this map will probabaly take some time to do because I only really play on the weekends.

Justice-BR

Reaction score
I like Hero sieges, sogat's is one of the best ones.

Top 7 major failures in a Hero Siege map.

1. Too Imbalanced heroes (the gazel with multishot ability in XHS)

2. Too much tome based (later levels, is just about % passive skills and attributes)

3. Unfair competition (race to who kill most, when some heores dont start with AoE damage spells)

4. Summoned Units (too powerful early game, uselesss late game)

5. Overkill values (Heroes have 10.000 hit points, and mobs will do 1.000 damage each strike. instead of heroes having 100 hit points, and mobs doind 10 damaga each strike)

6. Kill stealing factor (is always better ks your partner)

7. ALWAYS same pattern.
Wave 1. Wave 2. Special event. Wave 3. Go kill towers. Go kill temple. Then do something, to upper area. Repeat the number of waves.

Eyonix

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hmm sounds interesting,
I Would like to help if that sounds ok?
PM and Ill see what I can do, (If Im in this project)
Meanwhile for names heres what I Have:
Champions Of Hell
Dungeon Heroes
The Fire Siege
Blitz Fury Hero Siege
Chaotic Hero Siege
Peak Point of Hell

Ill supply more ideas and such if this turns out to be succefull in constant progress.

Thanks for the ideas. :)

I like Hero sieges, sogat's is one of the best ones.

Top 7 major failures in a Hero Siege map.

1. Too Imbalanced heroes (the gazel with multishot ability in XHS)

2. Too much tome based (later levels, is just about % passive skills and attributes)

3. Unfair competition (race to who kill most, when some heores dont start with AoE damage spells)

4. Summoned Units (too powerful early game, uselesss late game)

5. Overkill values (Heroes have 10.000 hit points, and mobs will do 1.000 damage each strike. instead of heroes having 100 hit points, and mobs doind 10 damaga each strike)

7. ALWAYS same pattern.
Wave 1. Wave 2. Special event. Wave 3. Go kill towers. Go kill temple. Then do something, to upper area. Repeat the number of waves.

Thanks justice, this is just the kind of reply I was hoping to get.

>1. To Imbalanced heroes (the gazel with multishot ability in XHS)
Yeah I agree that hero was rigged big time.

>2. Too much tome based (later levels, is just about % passive skills and attributes)
I was either going to put tomes in but make them expensive and not give that many stats, or not put any in at all, Was gunna try to do like Enfo's and make the items better than the tomes.

>3. Unfair competition (race to who kill most, when some heores dont start with AoE damage spells)
Im trying to give every hero 1 passive offensive ability, 1 passive protective ability, 1 ability that does damage to more than 1 unit (e.g. Omnislash) and a ultimate.

>4. Summoned Units (too powerful early game, uselesss late game)
I personally think heroes that summon are a waste of time if thats all they do, I mean who wants to stand there and let 8 computer creatures play the game for you? (e.g. beastmaster)

>5.Overkill values (Heroes have 10.000 hit points, and mobs will do 1.000 damage each strike. instead of heroes having 100 hit points, and mobs doind 10 damaga each strike)
I agree, I was thinking about doing something like that, instead of heroes having 1000 hp at the start of the game they have like 100 but the mobs to like 5 damage instead of 80.

I hate ksers, but im not sure how I could stop it from happening.

7. ALWAYS same pattern.
I was just going to have this one of those "Survive this long and you win" type maps, Unless people like those like minigames and killing towers and shit, I personally don't.

So what do you suggest for the spawning of the mobs?
Spawn them like they do in XHS (group of diffrent mobs spawns every so often.) or like Enfos (where they spawn 1 mob at a time over the time of the wave.) or neither?

Justice-BR

Reaction score
have ever played MU Online? there's a event called Blood Castle.

It would give a excellent hero siege map.

if you need help, i'm glad to do something like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.