Help: Hero Sharing

mightylink

Reaction score
Hello, Im back from inactivity to work on a new project, but I am having a couple issues.

I am working on an online coop campain and I want the players to be able to share the units but not the heroes, I have found 2 functions "Share Vision" and "Full Share Unit Control" but full share unit control applys to all units and wont let me pick just heroes, so is there any way to turn sharing off for certain units?

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
You can't play campaign on multiplayer.

You could create a trigger that gives control to the player that selects the hero. I reckon that will create a lot of confusion and frustration, though.

Hellohihi

Reaction score
Example:

There are 3 players, player red,blue and teal

Make teal a computer player.

Then change owner of red,blue units, to teal.

Then make teal share full control with red and blue.

Silver

Reaction score
If there's enough free player slots, then you could use a different player slot which will only own the heroes. Have it have a custom colour, in this case teal, and share controll with that computer.

mightylink

Reaction score
Well its good thinking guys but its just not ganna work, the function wont let me choose 2 teams to share it only lets me choose 1 team to share with all allies, and if i set up different allys then they will be able to kill each other, so I am just ganna keep it simple and let all players control everything, they can chat amoung themselves to decide whos ganna do what and its good for building teamwork anyway...

like player 1 can tell player 2 to build the base, tell player 3 to watch a group of archers and tell player 4 to play hero jimbob wile player 1 plays hero sallysue :p and they can switch on the fly or help the other players task if they go afk or disconnect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.