Help loading firmware

D

Dakxx

I followed all the instructions. I unzipped the file and burned it onto a cd-r then loaded it into the n501. It continues to not recognize the disc. (no disc) I tried using both formats (iso and file) Saved it, unzipped it and then burned it. what am I missing? I know I def. need an upgrade cause I have I think one of the first versions. BIOS 1.03.43.00 A/V is very out of sync. thanks

D

Dakxx

correction... I tried a few other cd-r and dvd-r to burn the firmware on and it says this disc cannot be played. the one cd-rw I was using seems to be crap cause it wont read that one even with music burned on it.

T

T T

The N501 is notoriously fussy about reading CDRs of any kind. Can't remember which type I used, but try a more expensive/better quality brand. Some of the guys here may be able to recommend which work best.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Dakxx said:
I followed all the instructions. I unzipped the file and burned it onto a cd-r then loaded it into the n501. It continues to not recognize the disc. (no disc) I tried using both formats (iso and file) Saved it, unzipped it and then burned it. what am I missing? I know I def. need an upgrade cause I have I think one of the first versions. BIOS 1.03.43.00 A/V is very out of sync. thanks

Try "padding" the disc out with a large dummy file (at least 100MB). That trick worked for many people in the past.

Stephen Anderson

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.