Help me get started!

OraclePig

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanna build something to get started. I used to build maps as a kid and that was the one thing that led me into my profession today (JavaScript developer). I wanna give back to the Warcraft community by building some sort of a helper class.

Can you guys give me some inspiration?

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I get inspiration from playing other custom games and figuring out whats fun from them. Not saying copy others ideas but if you play a while something might strike a nerve

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I get inspiration from playing other custom games and figuring out whats fun from them. Not saying copy others ideas but if you play a while something might strike a nerve
The thing is, is it still possible to play Custom Games?

The classic WarCraft III Battle.net no longer works, meaning you can't even play custom games, right?

Manti

Reaction score
The thing is, is it still possible to play Custom Games?

The classic WarCraft III Battle.net no longer works, meaning you can't even play custom games, right?
Classic Warcraft III "merged" with Reforged. They are now in the same client and share the same "modernized" Battle.net. They are not two separate games, rather two versions of the same game, and you can toggle between them if you own Reforged; in order to change the graphics or Campaigns. (Reforged Campaign is slightly modified).

So Custom games are still playable even on Classic, and the only issue is that not all of them may work at the moment with the new B.net. It does have a bit of lag though, and it sometimes crashes. Regardless, this is something Blizzard should fix.

Just a note: I haven't bought Reforged yet, but I am in touch with what's going on with the game; so you may want to take what I said with a grain of salt, but it shouldn't be too different from what's going on right now.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Classic Warcraft III "merged" with Reforged. They are now in the same client and share the same "modernized" Battle.net. They are not two separate games, rather two versions of the same game, and you can toggle between them if you own Reforged; in order to change the graphics or Campaigns. (Reforged Campaign is slightly modified).

So Custom games are still playable even on Classic, and the only issue is that not all of them may work at the moment with the new B.net. It does have a bit of lag though, and it sometimes crashes. Regardless, this is something Blizzard should fix.

Just a note: I haven't bought Reforged yet, but I am in touch with what's going on with the game; so you may want to take what I said with a grain of salt, but it shouldn't be too different from what's going on right now.
Ah, then it might have been another bullet point I found elsewhere where they mentioned you can't play Custom Campaigns anymore, as they are removed from the old classic one as well.

Manti

Reaction score
Ah, then it might have been another bullet point I found elsewhere where they mentioned you can't play Custom Campaigns anymore, as they are removed from the old classic one as well.
Custom Campaigns are indeed not available at this moment, however it would be surprising not to see them brought back in the near future, as it is a big part of the Custom Game scene. I wouldn't discourage anyone from having a go at map-making because of these (temporary) hindrances. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.