Help me make a Shadow Hunter

keychup

Reaction score
Base Hero: Shadow Hunter
Primary Attribute: Strength
Theme: Ninja
Range: 600

Current Set:

1: Shackles - Pulls a target unit over 500 spaces and deals damage based on Intelligence
2: Hex - Turns units within a 200 space Area of Effect in front of you into frogs
3: ???
4: Shadow Sneak - Turns you invisible and doubles your movement speed

Here's some additional information about the hero so you can understand it more.
Stats at maximum level (15)
HP - 660
MP - 603
Strength - 33 (Strength remains Strength - Each point increases HP by 20)
Defense - 43 (Defense replaces Agility - Each point increases armor by 1)
Wisdom - 67 (Wisdom replaces Intelligence - Each point increases MP by 9)
+1 damage for each point in primary attribute (in this case: Strength)

All skill-based spells are based on Strength or Wisdom.

-The reason primary attribute is strength and damage is based on Wisdom is because i want it to deal less physical damage but more magical damage.
-Ranged attacks should balance out the fact his physical attack is low.
-Each point of armor is 2% damage reduction up to 10, 1% up to 20, 0.5% up to 30, etc.
-Attributes don't grant regeneration, thus 0 HP/MP regeneration by default. Regeneration is accessed via abilities or items.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Orcish Flame Pit
Area of about 450, circle of fire. Deals 10/20/30/40 damage per second initially but for every units that remain in the circle the damage is increased by 50% each second. Circle lasting about 4-6 seconds.

Eg.
Level 1
Deals 10 damage, unit is in the circle for the second count, it deals 15 (10+50%), 3rd count it deals 22.5(15+50%) etc. But a new unit that walks into the fire on say the third count only takes 10 damage.

That way you would try to keep them inside the smallish area to deal maximum damage.
This area effect would have good synergy with your abilities.
As you would Shackles, pull them into the fire circle. Then hex them in it, to deal as much damage as possible.

Visuals: Small/Medium Circle; Fire.
Triggering: Jass or Hashtables.

--

Additionally, another idea.
Flame Aura
Deals 25/45/65/85 damage per second. Applies a burn buff on the enemy, when a spell is cast on a burning target, the duration of the disable is increased by 25% and attacks/spell damage are increased by 14/16/18/20% whilest the enemy has the buff.
Aura has 350 range.
Passive.

This works well with snare and hex disables, as it increases the duration.
Works well with ultimate as you can run invisible with the enemy and applying aura and dealing damage.
(Perhaps make allies also have increased damage when attacking burning/buffed enemies)

--

Moar options:

Shaman's Curse
Activatable, Lasts 4-6 seconds. Cooldown, aprox 20-40.
Whilest active, drains 2/3/4/5 % of all nearby units maximum hit points and restores 15/20/25/30 % of the damage done back in hit points to the Shaman.

Why? This requires you to bee nearby enemies, having snares and disables work well with this.
Activate it just before holding/shackling or hexing to gain maximum duration.
Using this at critical timings can restore a large amount of hit points and deal final blows.

Effective and simple.
Can be adjusted to only work on enemy hero's.

--

Even moaaar:

Burning Essence
Passive, every attack and spell cast deals 5% additional damage and restores 2% of the damage dealt in hit points to the Shaman.
Every attack and cast increases the damage dealt by 0.5% and restored amount by 0.25%.
Eg first cast/attack deals +5% damage and restores 2% of damage dealt.
second cast/attack deals +5.5% damage and restores 2.25% of damage dealt.
third cast/attack deals +6% damage and restores 2.5% of damage dealt.
etc. Lasts 4 seconds, each cast resets the duration time.
That way the bonus is only lost when attacks are not made and spells are not cast for 4 seconds.
Can add a limit, that it only stacks 15 or 20 times.

Why?
This hero is casting alot and perhaps attacking alot, this is a very hybrid kindof idea. Dealing additional damage for not only attacks but also spells, and healing a portion of the damage dealt by them. This encourages caster/mage style aswel. This gives many ways of playing a single Hero.

--

Which one do you like most?
I can help you make either of these.

keychup

Reaction score
Wow, the skills are getting really all-round. In fact, a bit too all-round. Especially the drain. But the idea of entry hazards are quite appealing. I'm getting closer to what type of 3rd ability i could use, thanks to your help.

I'll give this thread a couple of more days to see if anyone has other ideas aside from hazards

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Hazard? What do you mean?

They are meant to suit your other abilities to add some form of synergy. Rather than having 4 random abilities. (unless you want that?)

I gave ideas that were kinda like bridging the gap between the other abilities.

--

Theme: Ninja.

hmmm

Well I could give ideas revolving around the invisibility if you want?

Here are some of the "ninja" abilities:

Sneaky Slice
Jumps to a nearby location, the next attack will deal a 3x damage critical strike.
Cooldown: approx 10-20
Small Mana cost

--

Assassinate
Marks a target enemy hero, that unit has its movement speed halved for 4 seconds. For the next 4 seconds all attacks against that target deal 50% additional damage and have 50% additional lifesteal.
Cooldown: Medium 20-40
Medium Mana cost

--

Shamans Deception
Cast on an enemy, deals 100/200/300/400 damage and slows the targets movement speed by 25% for 8 seconds. Creates 2 illusions of the Shaman Hunter next to the target.
Cooldown: Medium-Long 45-60
Medium Mana cost

--

Unholy Strike
Targets an enemy, gains a 35/40/45/50% movement speed bonus for 3 seconds (but is removed on the first attack), the first attack will slow the attacked target by 75% for 2 seconds. While the unit is slowed it will miss all attacks.

This will give the idea of charging at a single enemy and as he hits the unit he is unable to escape and immobile.
Allowing the Shaman Hunter to be a hard hitting assassin.

--

Are these better?

Mabaet.Baet

Reaction score
Base Hero: Shadow Hunter
Primary Attribute: Strength
Theme: Ninja
Range: 600

Current Set:

1: Shackles - Pulls a target unit over 500 spaces and deals damage based on Intelligence
2: Hex - Turns units within a 200 space Area of Effect in front of you into frogs
3: ???
4: Shadow Sneak - Turns you invisible and doubles your movement speed

RANGED STRENGTH Ninja that uses spell based on Int? Hex for a ninja? And his skills has nothing to do with his title as a Shadow Hunter(The shadowsneak maybe). I think it's not good. Just sayin'

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
oh, i did not see that it was Strength.
I kinda felt like it was more Agility/Intellegence.

Hard hitting and heavy caster kindof feel.

Please describe the class and gameplay feel more please.

--

If he wants a tanky assassin, try something like this:

Solid Taunt
Jumps to a target location, dealing 10/11/12/13 % of his maximum hit points in damage to all nearby units. Also taunting nearby enemies, causing them to attack him and silence them for 2 seconds.

--

Stunning Blast
Passive
Everytime a spell is cast, the next attack will stun the attacked target for 1.5 seconds.
This encourages the unit to get physical and tank out the enemy to get in attacks.

--

Initiator.
Passive: Movement speed is increased by 2/2.5/3/3.5 % of maximum hit points.
Active: Movement speed is boosted by 60% for 4 seconds.

This allows the player to build tanky and still get into combat fast, and be able to chase down enemies.

--

Note: These abilities do not go very well with the original 2 abilities.

edit:
ahhh i did not see it was ranged.
The above abilities are more suited for melee.

Ranged Strength with disable?
Sounds like a bruiser.
Has disable already, you need some sort of offensive move.
eg.

Hardened Strikes
Each attack reduces enemies attack speed by 5/10/15/20 %, stacking up to 3 times. Attacks deal 20/30/40/50 % of Strength xStackAmount in additional damage.
Buff lasts 2 seconds.
Therefore consecutive attacks will reduce enemy attack speed and deal additional damage according to Strength. Encouraging Tank and Hard Hitter builds.

--

tbh, I really dont know what he wants lol.

keychup

Reaction score
Yes hazards. Such as the fire on the ground after casting flame strike, the slow caused by earthquake, The draining effect of Death and Decay and the barrage of ice made by blizzard. Basically anything which causes harm to a unit if they enter a certain area.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Yes hazards. Such as the fire on the ground after casting flame strike, the slow caused by earthquake, The draining effect of Death and Decay and the barrage of ice made by blizzard. Basically anything which causes harm to a unit if they enter a certain area.

oh. You mean an AoE.
Yeah, well you have snares and other immobilising disables, AoE abilities go well with that as a caster.

Did you look at any of the other posts? or am i just wasting my time giving you ideas?

keychup

Reaction score
Here's some additional information about the hero so you can understand it more.
Stats at maximum level (15)
HP - 660
MP - 603
Strength - 33 (Strength remains Strength - Each point increases HP by 20)
Defense - 43 (Defense replaces Agility - Each point increases armor by 1)
Wisdom - 67 (Wisdom replaces Intelligence - Each point increases MP by 9)
+1 damage for each point in primary attribute (in this case: Strength)

All skill-based spells are based on Strength or Wisdom.

-The reason primary attribute is strength and damage is based on Wisdom is because i want it to deal less physical damage but more magical damage.
-Ranged attacks should balance out the fact his physical attack is low.
-Each point of armor is 2% damage reduction up to 10, 1% up to 20, 0.5% up to 30, etc.
-Attributes don't grant regeneration, thus 0 HP/MP regeneration by default. Regeneration is accessed via abilities or items.

keychup

Reaction score
oh. You mean an AoE.
Yeah, well you have snares and other immobilising disables, AoE abilities go well with that as a caster.

Did you look at any of the other posts? or am i just wasting my time giving you ideas?

Oh no, you aren't wasting your time at all. The idea is to get help, right? I will either use one of your ideas or try to work my way around your ideas so i can decide what i will make.

And yes i have read your posts. But i wouldnt call them AoE, since Thunderclap and War Stomp could also be called AoE but doesn't come in the same category as Flame Strike, Death and Decay, and such.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
That is a triple post.

And Flame Strike is still an Area of Effect ability.

but anyway.
Is their anything else you need?

keychup

Reaction score
i'm already set to makin a Ward which channels an AoE hazard. You can strategically place the ward in a hidden spot while it drains 5% enemy HP per second for 4/6/8/10 seconds. Enemies will have to search for the ward and destroy it. it can even be put on the edge of the cliff where enemy cant reach it, while the AoE can still reach the enemy.

Kike

Reaction score
will the ward restore the Shadow's hp? if you want one more elaborated spell you could store all the hp stealed and give to the hero every 2sec.... or simply give in the end of the ward but you can cancel it (if you're at low hp and doesn't want to wait 10 sec ;) ) it may have a great mana cost once it can give a large amount of hp... BUT... if someone destrois it... no hp for you little shaman XD

keychup

Reaction score
nah, healing is way too good for him. Combining healing with all that damage makes him much too well-rounded.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.