Help Me! NewGen testmap doesn't work!

lursting

Reaction score
Every time I try to run test map in newgen a window pops up and then an error that says "war3 has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Things I have done:

-currently disabled rtc
--have also tried while enabled

-updated JassHelper
--have tried vexorians older one but currently i have it set to the new 2012
JassHelper.

-have tried updating common.j and and Blizzard.j in JassHelper
--same error
--I just unupdated them back to the original one included in the pack

I have avg control, the shield is currently off, and I have rtc forwarded through it as well. Does avg cause more problems than just removing rtc?

Perhaps there a fully updated NewGen package that I have been overlooking?
edit: tried other packaged versions of newgen, same error

-If I try to open a newgen saved map in normal w3 gives a error at memory location.

"The Exception unknown software exception (0xc0000409) occurred in the application at location 0x6f463eec"

When I disable VJass syntax checking/vjasscompiling everything works just fine.

Thank you for your help!

lursting

Reaction score
Figured it out, had a string that was half a page long.
-Thought vjass would have the same power over strings as regular jass

Is there a good way to make very long strings without using trgstr

local string s = "yada da yda yda " +
"continued part of string"

There is a point, or seems to be a point, where newgen can't handle very long strings on one line.

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Well, good to know.... 'edit' button? Ever heard of it? It'd right down there, beside 'Reply'...

lursting

Reaction score
Thanks, but I figured no one would look at the post if there were no replies, similar to what happened on hive workshop... Thank you for your immense amount of help...

jnZ

I
Reaction score
well this part of the forum is almost deserted. there are only a handful of people who more ore less regularly post here. as long as your thread is on the first page there shouldnt be a reason to bump your thread. well at least try to only bump after 24 hours.

and the fella who lectured you about the edit button kinda has the attitude to adress people the wrong way so don't mind him.

lursting

Reaction score
Are there any active world editor forums around? This one seemed to be the most active of them.

Yeah it was my bad :/.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Regardless, don't leave. The World Editor itself is being deserted since the release of Starcraft II, and this forum in general is dying out. People here are pretty helpful, with certain exceptions.

Kayoss666

Reaction score
yes most of us well give what ever help we can. i however dont know vjass very well but i would assume that there should be a way

OMGOMGOMG

UMBWGMG (Unidentified Human Being.)
Reaction score
Only just remembered this but try saving it before testing it, heard it worked for other people (discluding me).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.