Help me to stop disconnecting from WC3

Gluttonous

Not exactly a world editor question, so I figured I'd post here.

I keep disconnecting from Warcraft 3 after seemingly random amounts of time in a specific map called Full Metal Alchemist 6.2. I've tried resetting and reinstalling the game multiple times and the issue isn't my internet connection.

To other players, it just looks like I've left the game with no lag screen coming up, getting instantly booted from the game. Skype and whatever else isn't interrupted as I disconnect. This has been a longtime recurring phenomenon for me, and nobody else seems to have the problem with the map. It's been long enough I'm positive I'm not getting custom kicked or drophacked at this point.

I've disabled all my firewalls. While I do use a router for my internet, I'm still connected to Battle.net after being kicked and the rest of my internet functions completely normally after disconnecting.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Many possibilities. Could be your WC3 installation is corrupted and some file, when loaded, causes the crash.
Or perhaps the map itself has some content which is bugged and causes a crash when instantiated. Bad 3D models are known to do that.
There is also a chance that the map is programmed that way to kick you for some reason. Perhaps it detects that you use some kind of map hack and the developer has a system build into the map to purposefully crash your game.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I really do not want to move to California otherwise I might consider it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah California is not anywhere you really want to live
  • The Helper The Helper:
    That is why I did not take the job Blizzard offered me back in the day, there is no way I could have moved my family there on what they were offering, not even close and that was like 20 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    yeah they wanted me on the tech support team when they did not get me they got one of the next MVPs in Dinobot
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot was one of the youngest of the MVPs tkron probably could have worked for Blizzard but he had a good job in Chicago doing business programming already
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Dinobot probably still works for Blizzard would love to reconnect with that guy
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I wonder what ever happened to Wargasm?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This new version of Xenforo really is awesome
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Wargasm is still around. He works for the domain registrar where thehelper.net is kept.
  • Varine Varine:
    Is sqrage still around?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I have not seen him on lately the forum says he was last on 2 years ago
  • The Helper The Helper:
    How are you doing Varine have not seen you around in a minute
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    lol I live in CA
    I've got some friends in animation department who have been applying for Blizzard, doing interviews and such. They said the workplace seems nice, though now it'd be all remote work I suppose
  • The Helper The Helper:
    good for them I live close to Austin and am trying to get my kids interested in getting into Games but not having much luck. I would never let them move to Cali.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    unless it was huge money
  • The Helper The Helper:
    and even then with the taxes I really could never let them move there
    Haha fair enough, I have no interest in CA at all as a living place either. Really only here just for the work in LA, but hopefully once I get settled enough in my work, I can move out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    +1

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop