Help modifying a melee map

hozar

Reaction score
Hello, glad to be a part of these forums. Thanks much for your time.
I play ft with my brother and my dad in ffa and most of the time it's them ganging up against me. I decided I want to play them in a 2v2 map, but I would control 2 bases while they have their own. I want to make it where the spawning points are random like a true 2v2, but I'd be able to control both bases immediately and would be able to feed one base or the other with resources. Any help on how to start this? I tried a little bit, but ran into trouble quickly. Thanks so much for your time!

Sui-cookie

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Put this trigger into the map:
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Name of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to (==) hozar
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Player = (Player((Integer A)))
            • Else - Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 4 (Purple)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player and Change color

Woah, wtf happened to Gui tags? :s that looks retarded as ever.

btw, just put player 4 (purple) as a computer player. if you don't know much about triggers, this searches for the player whos name is "hozar" and gives then all of player 4's units. thereby, the extra base and units.

Assuming that's what you wanted, and i haven't really tested the trigger. :s it may not work as planned.

hozar

Reaction score
hey thanks for the help, i really appreciate it.
i tried to make the trigger like you said, i'll comment on what works and doesn't work.
just a warning: i tried to format the post like you did, but my post didn't come up anything like yours. sorry for the confusion.
Trigger:
•Untitled Trigger 002
•Events
•Map initialization
•Conditions
•Actions
•Do Multiple ActionsFor each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions) i got this to work
•Loop - Actions
•Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions) i got this to work
•If - Conditions
•(Name of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to (==) hozar i couldn't find this option anywhere. i tried the text search but nothing.
•Then - Actions
•Set Player = (Player((Integer A))) i couldn't find this option either
•Else - Actions
•Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) owned by Player 4(Purple)) and do (Actions) only one i found said " pick every unit in (units owned by player x (color) and do (actions)
•Loop - Actions
•Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player and Change color i almost got this one, but it wouldn't say player, but instead "player x (color)"

sorry for such sloppy formatting, but i rarely use boards. if i need to clean it up, i'll get it done. thanks again for your time!

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Woah, wtf happened to Gui tags? :s that looks retarded as ever.

It was sadly removed when this forum is upgraded. Hate it too :p Ghan_02 said that it's phyrex1an's department and he will probably fix it soon... Although it has been so long and still no WC3 tags... Anyway, try using code, it's better

hozar

Reaction score
ah ha! got it working! thanks much for your help thus far.
couple more questions. is there a way to keep the resources different? when i started, we shared resources. i got the initial buildings down for one race, and the other was out of lumber :( . same thing with heroes. i was only able to have 3.
i was sitting in bed last night and thought about making my ally a computer player and immediately kicking it, like a disconnect. it works but i can't trade resources between both, just one. i think i'll be ok with that. again, thanks for your help, and i dont know what i have to offer in return, but if you need help with spanish for some reason, let me know. you can pm me. take care!

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
This should easily be adjustible without you gaining an advantage. Check the starting resources and then add the lines to the up above trigger:

-Player Add x gold to picked player
-Player Add x lumber to picked player

You can unlimit the heroes for a player by eliminating the trigger that limits the heroes for all players, and just limit them for all players but you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.