Help on editing terrain.

C

Cr0n05

I know this sounds noobish, but I cannot figure out how to get the space platform the way it looks on all the countless Marine D's and Choose D's and crap. I cannot get the edges to look like they do in those. I get that stupid wall crap and I do not want that stuff there. I have tried everything I can think of and I cannot figure it out. :banghead:

V

victimchild

If you're talking about the square block terrain you can't place that with the default campaign editor. You'll either have to download Isometric, or a different editor like Starforge. I would use Starforge for any mission you're doing because it's simply better than the default editor. If that's not what you're talking about then you have to tell me.

C

Cr0n05

Well do you play the custom games on bnet? That will start the narrowing down there. If you do then have you heard of Marine Defense.....Sunken Defence. Pylon Defence, or Cannon Defence? And also have you seen the maps of those....if not then I can post them with the layout of what I am talking about.

V

victimchild

I know what you're talking about and it is square block terrain. I reccoment downloading Starforge and using the built in terrain editor in there because it's got every piece of terrain you can have. Hope it helps.

C

Cr0n05

Thanks

Alright thanks.....I would like to know where I can download the proper Starforge. I do not want to download a corrupted file or anything.

C

Cr0n05

Now I am pissed again.....I clicked 'mirror2' on the link and it downloaded and then unzipped itself. Well I open up the page to the program to install it and an error pops up. It says.... -Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid- Now what seems to be the problem.....

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
*starts singing*

Just google it, nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah....

C

Cr0n05

Well I got it all downloaded and can open it....but when I do 'new map' I click the platform or whatever and then click the space one and click okay....but instead of doing what I told it it says 'Runtime 11 error' and then it closes. I hate that crap cause I can open like a Marine D or Sunken D or whatever and get it just fine.... :banghead: :eek: :confused: :mad:

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Erm...I'm not really sure what you mean by 'click the space 1' or anything, but...

If you can't make a map in SF but you can open them, just make it in SCXE or Staredit, save, and open it in SF.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.