Help on warden skills

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
casting 4x shadowstrike that dealt 0 initial dmg and 10dmg per 3 sec killed a 1000hp unit instantly.

Same problem, Shadow Strike is very buggy, like some other spells, might need a New Thread about it. Maybe ill make...

Zapat0

Reaction score
ok thank you very very much for the demo map . :cool:

Again , sigh , aggresiveness is NOT going to solve anything.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Agressive? How? Not like im using a single exclamation mark or anything. It wasnt agressive at all. Just saying you should actually DO some of your own spells.

Again , sigh , aggresiveness is NOT going to solve anything.

But doing your own work will.

This is quickly becoming a flame thread, and you do ask multiple questions, you probably will have to make a new thread soon.

Zapat0

Reaction score
all the questions im posting are about warden skills , so i can keep-on posting them .
well , you could have said what you have said with more hmm , kindness?

maybe you dont take into account that i have done that LONG ss triger thing with the degrees n stuff , i see it has no worth in your opinion but come on , i learnt to do that myself .

Edit : I dont want this to continue anymore , darkchaoself , please refrain from posting in this thread , what im trieng to say is something like this , do not post in my thread .(dont want you to be posting and posting things like "your wrong , im right").
Zapat0

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
like windwalk but it makes her slower, but she gets the ability blinkstrike, or some other skill

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
all the questions im posting are about warden skills , so i can keep-on posting them .
well , you could have said what you have said with more hmm , kindness?

maybe you dont take into account that i have done that LONG ss triger thing with the degrees n stuff , i see it has no worth in your opinion but come on , i learnt to do that myself .

Edit : I dont want this to continue anymore , darkchaoself , please refrain from posting in this thread , what im trieng to say is something like this , do not post in my thread .(dont want you to be posting and posting things like "your wrong , im right").
Zapat0

D00d Aggressiveness w0n-l- s0lve anytin11!1!!

.....really....

>you could have said what you have said with more hmm , kindness?
How?

>please refrain from posting in this thread , what im trieng to say is something like this , do not post in my thread

Again, ...

>dont want you to be posting and posting things like "your wrong , im right

When did i ever post anything like that?

This is just out of hand. Dont reply to this message Zapat0, just continue this thread. Dont respond to this message.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
sry for being off-topic and adding to the spam, but i have to agree with elf here. from my understanding of his posts, there was no aggressive-ness, no un-kindness, and he didnt imply anything saying "im right, your wrong" so i dnt see wat all the fuss is about.

also, your gonna have to learn how to trigger this stuff by urself as elf said "Your not making a map, the community is." i dnt mean any offense to you, but you wont get anywhere if you come running to the forum everytime u want a spell made (if a spell ur making didnt work properly, ofc u shud come to forums for help, but i dont think u shud come to forums if you want someone else to do the majority of the work).
everyone has to start somewhere, so just start experimenting with different actions and see what you come up with. thats how i (if not most others) learned to make stuff.
just start small and figure everything out bit-by-bit and eventually ull be able to put all that together to make something much nicer than you had ever thought.

dude, noone thinks it is worthless. it may be very lengthy but its a good start, but if you intend on submitting that spell in a demo map so people can see the triggering of it, its gonna be really long and confusing becoz of the massive repetition of the same few lines over and over. anything that was said about that code was probably meant to be "its long and time-consuming to trigger"

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
sry for being off-topic and adding to the spam, but i have to agree with elf here. from my understanding of his posts, there was no aggressive-ness, no un-kindness, and he didnt imply anything saying "im right, your wrong" so i dnt see wat all the fuss is about.

also, your gonna have to learn how to trigger this stuff by urself as elf said "Your not making a map, the community is." i dnt mean any offense to you, but you wont get anywhere if you come running to the forum everytime u want a spell made (if a spell ur making didnt work properly, ofc u shud come to forums for help, but i dont think u shud come to forums if you want someone else to do the majority of the work).
everyone has to start somewhere, so just start experimenting with different actions and see what you come up with. thats how i (if not most others) learned to make stuff.
just start small and figure everything out bit-by-bit and eventually ull be able to put all that together to make something much nicer than you had ever thought.

Thank you :p
Kinda what i was trying to say, but dont have the time to type it all :rolleyes:

Start small and work your way up, dont dive right into hard spells, spells are one of the hardest things to do in WE.

Zapat0

Reaction score
ok , thx very much .
have you seen the ability Incinerate?*Firelord*
is it possible , using gui , to give that ability a cap of damage ?

Just point me to the right direction , and i will try to figure the rest of the triggering.(if its possible to do that in gui obiously)

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Well, i believe this was posted before, so i mgiht be off, but i thikn incinerate is hard-coded, and pretty much impossible to change, but i might be wrong.

Zapat0

Reaction score
found nothing .:(
can anyone give me a sugg. for a spell/skill that synergyses with a frenzy-based one ?

Zapat0

Reaction score
need help in creating an ability.
the ability gives 1 armor and a 100% chance to do double damage (this should be easy enough).
here is the catch.
the 100%chance to do double damage lasts ONE hit or 15 seconds.(varible involved) . That's it .

correct me if im wrong but the variable is supposed to be an Integer Varible ,r ight?

i think it must be based on an ability that casts itself immediatly and to the CASTER only.(like Frenzy)

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Use Roar and make it so that it gives 1 bonus armor and 100% bonus damage.
After a unit that has that buff attacks, wait for some moment then remove the buff.

turok255

Reaction score
anybody knows how to code blink strike?

Heres the code im using in my map, Probably to hard for you, No offence.
Credits to Tinki3

Code:
Omnislash
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Omnislash 
    Actions
        Set o = (Triggering unit)
        Set t = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set tl = (Position of t)
        If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 1) then do (Set loops = 4) else do (Do nothing)
        If ((Level of Omnislash  for o) Equal to 2) then do (Set loops = 7) else do (Do nothing)
        Unit - Make o Invulnerable
        Animation - Change o's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 50.00% transparency
        Selection - Remove o from selection
        Unit - Move o instantly to tl
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_tl)
        Animation - Play o's attack animation
        Unit - Cause o to damage t, dealing (Random real number between 150.00 and 250.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
        Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of o using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to loops, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Wait 0.30 game-time seconds
                Set o_current_loc = (Position of o)
                Set EG[1] = (Units within 600.00 of o_current_loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of o)) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A flying 
                Set EG[2] = (Random 1 units from EG[1])
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_o_current_loc)
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        loops Greater than 0
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in EG[1] and do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                Set p = (Picked unit)
                                Set pl = (Position of p)
                                Selection - Remove o from selection
                                Unit - Move o instantly to pl
                                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_pl)
                                Animation - Play o's attack animation
                                Unit - Cause o to damage p, dealing (Random real number between 150.00 and 250.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
                                Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of o using Abilities\Spells\NightElf\Blink\BlinkCaster.mdl
                                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_EG[1])
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_EG[2])
                    Else - Actions
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_EG[1])
                        Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_EG[2])
                        Selection - Add o to selection for (Owner of o)
                        Animation - Change o's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
                        Unit - Make o Vulnerable
        Selection - Add o to selection for (Owner of o)
        Animation - Change o's vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 0.00% transparency
        Unit - Make o Vulnerable

EDIT:Its called Omnislash in my map but I think its whqat you wanted, Hero blinks around attacking units, Mine has 5 levels though.

darkRae

Reaction score
That's Omnislash, I think he wanted a normal Blink Strike.

Code:
Blink Strike
     Events
         Unit - A Unit Starts the effect of an ability
     Conditions
         (Ability being cast) Equal to Blink Strike
     Actions
         Set L = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
         Unit - Move (Casting Unit) to L instantly
         Unit - Cause (Casting Unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast) causing ( 30.00 x ( Level of Blink Strike for (Casting Unit) ) ) of Spells attack-type and Normal damage-type
         Unit - Order (Casting Unit) to Attack (Target unit of ability being cast)
         Custom Script :  call RemoveLocation(udg_L)

This should do the trick.

Zapat0

Reaction score
thx to both of you but i got blink stirke trigger code a while ago.

To darkrae :
when i said "double damage" i was talking about
Critical Strike so that the damage cant be
reducted by ANY kind of armour.

need help with this ability.

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
This:

Code:
Event: Unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions: Ability = Your Ability (no target, instant, Use Roar to get buff and set all data to 0, duration to 15.00)
Actions:
Unit - Add Critical (2.00, 100%, Passive) to (Casting Unit)
Unit - Add Armor to (Casting Unit)
Wait Until - Unit has Buff equal to false, checking every 0.10 seconds
Unit - Remove Critical from (Attacking Unit)
Unit - Remove Armor from (Attacking Unit)

Then make another trigger.

Code:
Event: a unit is attacked
Conditions: Boolean: (Attacking Unit) has buff equal to true
Actions: 
Wait 0.35 seconds
Unit - Remove Buff from (Attacking Unit)

Edit: Sorry, Haven't read all the replies... Lol, And found a better way.

darkRae

Reaction score
For a Critical Strike that does twice the damage and isn't reduced by any armor, then you have to add the (target unit of ability being cast) to an event "Unit takes damage"
So when the (attacking unit) which has the buff and ability, you can make the (attacking unit) to deal damage equal to (damage taken) to the (attacked unit), with the damage-type UNIVERSAL, because of most people's opinion, Universal does ignore armor and immunity.

Or you can also try ACID type, because someone said that it ignores armor (= exact damage)

But the damage ignored will only be the 'Critical' so if the unit deals 50 damage, it will deal totally:

50 (reduced by armor) + 50 (not reduced)

EDIT: Because you wanted the unit to deal critical damage only once, so remove the buff afterwards.

Zapat0

Reaction score
Mr-death : I used your trigger but something ugly happens .
Critical Strike is given to the Hero just the second time she uses the Roar ability .
Darkrae : im not sure i understand what you are saying.
could you post it again ,but like mr death did , like this :

Events
something
conditions
something
actions
something

i ll have another look at your trigger dark and i ll try to do it.

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
This:

Code:
Event: Unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions: Ability = Your Ability (no target, instant, Use Roar to get buff and set all data to 0, duration to 15.00)
Actions:
[COLOR="Red"]Wait 0.30 Seconds[/COLOR]
Unit - Add Critical (2.00, 100%, Passive) to (Casting Unit)
Unit - Add Armor to (Casting Unit)
Wait Until - Unit has Buff equal to false, checking every 0.10 seconds
Unit - Remove Critical from (Attacking Unit)
Unit - Remove Armor from (Attacking Unit)

Then make another trigger.

Code:
Event: a unit is attacked
Conditions: Boolean: (Attacking Unit) has buff equal to true
Actions: 
Wait 0.35 seconds
Unit - Remove Buff from (Attacking Unit)

Edit: Sorry, Haven't read all the replies... Lol, And found a better way.

See the red texts... I think I found a solution for you.

If it still happens, set it to 0.35 or 0.40

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.