Help trigger

Venv

Reaction score
:nuts:Okay so i want to make a trigger for a spell that dose this

Once this certain spell is casted

move the targeted ability away pushing them bak from the caster proly like a little awya from them while stuning them

and when it levels i want it to make it so it makees it stun aoe and move then bak wards can anyone help with that?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
well, u can either get EGUI or, follow this trigger:
For lv 1
Code:
pusher
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to <ur ability>
                (Level of <ur ability> for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 1
    Actions
        Set point = ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (0.00, 0.00)) <-- How much u wan distance pushed --
        Unit - Move (Target unit of ability being cast) instantly to <point>
Base ur skill off storm bolt. this moves instantly, so it wont have the effect of "pushed away"
For lv 2 or 3,

Code:
Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        And - All (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Ability being cast) Equal to <ur ability>
                (Level of <ur ability> for (Triggering unit)) Equal to 2
    Actions
        Create 1 Dummy Unit for (owner of (trigering unit)) at (Position of (triggering)) facing default building degrees
        Add an expiration timer of 3seconds to (last created unit)
        Add Thunderclap to (last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
        [COLOR="Red"]Unit - Cause (Last created unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 512.00 at (Position of (Triggering unit)), dealing 200.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal[/COLOR]
        Set point = ((Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)) offset by (0.00, 0.00)) <-- How much u wan distance pushed --
        Unit - Move (Target unit of ability being cast) instantly to <point>
Level 2 and 3 are done manually, except for stuff from the 1st trigger. But for level 3, add in the red part. So it deals more dmg. the 200.00 is optional. +rep if i helped ^^

Edit: I just came across this thread just now. The person showed how to make it slide, so i suggest u gt the hang of my triggers, and add his function in. http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=112452 But take note it does dmg as it slides.

Venv

Reaction score
dude omg thnx :D but can't i base it off warstomp??

Unit - Move (Target unit of ability being cast) instantly to{ <point> } <-----whats that

skyblader

Reaction score
<point> would be a point variable. Im sorry i wasnt clear. U cant base it off warstomp because it has, target unit of ability cast, and warstomp doesnty target anything. Storm bolt does, and it stuns. Well, if u dun wan the dmg thr, u can always remove it. + make the storm bolt stun time same as thunder clap or else it will be weird.

Venv

Reaction score
wait confused on last part reprhase that xP so i should't nesiceraly use warstomp? but use storm bolt? right?? but would that fit like into kicking the unit?? cus iam making hte unit kick or stomp the floor {impthasizeing the kick} making the unit push bak? would that work??

Edit: thnx for the link and i do want it to take dmg as it slides thnx and btw do u kno how to make the trigger like do this thing where it dose aoe around the unit but dose not hurt him self? i got the trigger but it hurts him and everything around him x(

skyblader

Reaction score
Er, it shld nt dmg him...
make sure this part:
create 1 dummy unit for (owner of (trigering unit)) at (Position of (triggering)) facing default building degrees
is correct

and my trigger basically does this(if u base it off storm bolt):
Lv 1 -
Stuns target and pushes it, all surrounding units nuthin happen.
Lv 2 -
Stuns and dmgs all targets around, and "pushes" the target of storm bolt away.
Lv 3 -
Stuns and dmgs all targets around, "pushes" the target of storm bolt away. Only more dmg is done to all.

What i meant by "push" is its instant instead of movement.

A

Aida

If you want to use warstomp you can try two things: make a unit group of all enemies in the casting range and move them back separately and damage them, or create a dummy for each unit in range and use the knockback stormbolt on them.

Venv

Reaction score
offtopic isn't aida from .hack G.u Vol3 / redemption??

on topic i am going to do ur way with the storm bolt @-@ iam try to do sumthing like mixing it in with the other trigger

skyblader

Reaction score
i believe he only wants 1 unit to move back, but ur 2nd idea will be gd if he wants all units to move back.

Venv

Reaction score
naw i wanted all the units to move back by the level :O but the thing is his idea is to much work @-@ id ont feel like spending that much work xD

btw how do i get to

i can't find that

skyblader

Reaction score
click new action, set variable. click on the first variable, and choose ur point variable. For the other variable, cllick it, point with offset, in the (center of (playable map)) click it, click unit - position of unit, target unit of ability cast, ok twice, then click the 0.00s to adjust how much u wan it to be "pushed" away.

A

Aida

I don't know what this name is from, I just stole the name.

And the idea isn't that hard, just have a variable and a dummy caster, it takes about 5 extra minutes but for a better spell.

Venv

Reaction score
:O @-@ lol looks to much time taking xD omg so

Unit - Move KnockTarget instantly to (TargetPoint offset by ((Distance between TargetPoint and (Position of KnockTarget)) + 5.00) towards (Angle from TargetPoint to (Position of KnockTarget)) degrees)

i got the Unit - Move KnockTarget instantly to (TargetPoint offset by ((Distance between TargetPoint and (Position of KnockTarget))

but i can't get the + 5.00) towards (Angle from TargetPoint to (Position of KnockTarget)) degrees)
can anyone help?

Edit i think i found it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Actually I was just playing with having some kind of mention of the food forum and recipes on the main page to test and see if it would engage some of those people to post something. It is just weird to get so much traffic and no engagement
  • The Helper The Helper:
    So what it really is me trying to implement some kind of better site navigation not change the whole theme of the site
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.