Help! Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos Wont Install

N

new bed

The problem that my friend has been experienceing is that during the installation of wc3 reign of chaos an error message appears that says "data error (cyclic redunduncy check". The installer also declares that the wc3 cd is not in the cd-rom and the whole application shuts down. There isnt a problem with a cd since 3 different ones have been tried. The installation stops during the file "war3.mpq". Both cd roms have been tried anf both have failed. The computer is called "Sceptre" and is fully capable of running games that compae to warcraft or even exceed it. Dos anyone know how to fix this problem ?

ps: we attempted to install warcraft 7 times and the same results follow.

HELP HELP HELP!!!

:banghead:

N

new bed

that was a short version of the error messsage here is the complete deal:

"Setup cannot read a required data file.Your Warcraft 3 cd may not be in the CDROM drive. Please insure that the cd is in the CDROm drive and press retry. To cancel the operation press cancel.

D:/war3.mpq
Error 0x00000017: data error (cyclic redunduncy check).
(Fileutil.cpp:816)"

After you click "cancel" yet another error message appears that reads as follows:

" Setup was unable to copy the following file:
war3.mpq
Error 0x00000017: Data error (cyclic redunduncy check).
(C:/temp/remaster/wc3-rel-1-0lockit/installer/source/diskundo.cpp:240

Operation Aborted"

H

hawkeye_00

new bed said:
The problem that my friend has been experienceing is that during the installation of wc3 reign of chaos an error message appears that says "data error (cyclic redunduncy check". The installer also declares that the wc3 cd is not in the cd-rom and the whole application shuts down. There isnt a problem with a cd since 3 different ones have been tried. The installation stops during the file "war3.mpq". Both cd roms have been tried anf both have failed. The computer is called "Sceptre" and is fully capable of running games that compae to warcraft or even exceed it. Dos anyone know how to fix this problem ?

ps: we attempted to install warcraft 7 times and the same results follow.

HELP HELP HELP!!!

:banghead:

don't install the direct X that it lets you try to install. Just follow the procedures. Store in Blizard folder in the start menu.

N

new bed

Directx

we tried not installing the direct x and it still doesnt work... any other suggestions?

ps. the direct x was already there should we delete it ?

U

Unregisterkl

I had the same problem

When it reaches that point in the download process when it decides stop and whine that the disc is not in . . . instead of hitting retry right off the bat . . . remove the disc and then hit retry. It worked for me. Hope this helps ;).

S

sunny

Please Help

Hi

I have the same problem at moment and how you fixed it again?

If you can write it in german please do it... ;D

claud

U

Unregistered

Unregisterkl said:
When it reaches that point in the download process when it decides stop and whine that the disc is not in . . . instead of hitting retry right off the bat . . . remove the disc and then hit retry. It worked for me. Hope this helps ;).

This is for the dude that wanted it in German...

Also, wenn diese error kommt, du sollst nicht enfach wiederhollen clicken, sondern den cd raus holen und dann wiederhollen clicken. Es ist für ihn geklappt.

you're welcome!
-WIM

U

Unregistered

i have the same problem but im spanish and no undestand anything,can one spanish explicate to me?

U

Unregistered

War3.mpq

I had the same porblem and eror message when attempting to install war3.mpq. I tried everything, but nothing worked. The game worked on other computers that i own so I knew the CD was fine. Since I have an older computer (Dell optiplex GX240) I decided to reinstall the graphics drivers. After re-installing the drivers the game installed and works fine!
If you have an older computer i would suggest updating the drivers.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
English-
Copy all the files from the CD onto your Hard Drive in a folder and try installing from there.

Yay for Online Translators!
Spanish-
Copie todos los archivos del CD en su Maneja Duramente en una carpeta y la prueba que instalan de allí.

J

jnunez

yea i tried everything said on this post and nothing happened

u know what i tried all of the things said here but i havent tried another cd but i will anyway my cd is brand new except when i used it to install WC3 FT other than that its brand new oh i tried moving the files it said the same thing cyclic error or something like that

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
This thread should be very dead by now. It's almost a year and a half years old :rolleyes:. Don't revive threads like this very old one guys.

R

ryhs34

that was a short version of the error messsage here is the complete deal:

"Setup cannot read a required data file.Your Warcraft 3 cd may not be in the CDROM drive. Please insure that the cd is in the CDROm drive and press retry. To cancel the operation press cancel.

After you click "cancel" yet another error message appears that reads as follows:

" Setup was unable to copy the following file:
war3.mpq
Error 0x00000017: Data error (cyclic redunduncy check).
(C:/temp/remaster/wc3-rel-1-0lockit/installer/source/diskundo.cpp:240

Operation Aborted"

Sounds to me like your eye is fried...Your laser eye...You know what I mean.

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
This thread should be very dead by now. It's almost a year and a half years old :rolleyes:. Don't revive threads like this very old one guys.

Actually, bumping old threads is better than making new threads...

D

Darklord_79

Omgggg

I have tried everything i even called tech supprot but they did nothing plz help it wont reinstall i get this every time plz help

Setup cannot read a required data file.Your Warcraft 3 cd may not be in the CDROM drive. Please insure that the cd is in the CDROm drive and press retry. To cancel the operation press cancel.

plz i am desperate

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Its probably your cd drive's fault. Does it read other cds right?
Also, if your going to reinstall, deleter the registry file for Wc3 (Start => run => regedit => HKey_Current_User => Software => Blizzard Entertainment => War3)

V

VikkiG

I have the answer

You are correct it is not an error with your CD or with the CD-Drive.

Goto C:\temp. There should be a file there called WA3CD, or something similiar. If u cant find it exactly just open it and read it, it should have some error messages very similiar to the one u are experiencing.
Delete it.
Goto Run-- type in "Reg". A black MS-DOS box should pop up very briefly. Goto Run-- type in "Regedit". Delete all registry files in the WAR3 and TFT folder.
Try the installation again immediately afterwards.

This worked for me at least. Good luck. Also try copying all game files directly from the CD and onto your hard drive if this doesnt work. You should be able to install from there.

R

RaFT

I'm also having the installiation problems but instead of the war.mpq error im getting this

Setup was unable to read the following data file. Your Warcraft III CD may not have been in the CDROM drive.
D:\Movies\TutorialIn.mpq

Setup was unable to copy the following file:
Movies\TutorialIn.mpq
Error 0x00000015: The device is not ready.
(C:\temp\remaster\wc3-rel-1-0-lockit\Installer\Source\DiskUndo.cpp:240)

I've already tried copying to my hard drive and im gettin the error when i try copying it there.
any help would be great thanks.

R

RaFT

What i've just done was copy all the games files to my hard drive again except the 2 files which were coming up with the error message, they were TutorialIn.mpq and also the UndeadEd.mpq movie files
thanks

[EDITED- We do no support the sending of files from the Warcraft III disk]

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
I'm sorry RaFT but we do not support that.
What you can do is try using the disk to install on another computer. If it doesn't work on that computer as well, then you know it's your disk that has the problem. Then, as long as you have your CD key, you can replace your disk for $5 through Blizzard.

I will leave this thread unlocked as it seems that a decent amount of people have the same problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.