Help! Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos Wont Install

B

Boi_Shnizzle

What i've just done was copy all the games files to my hard drive again except the 2 files which were coming up with the error message, they were TutorialIn.mpq and also the UndeadEd.mpq movie files
thanks

[EDITED- We do no support the sending of files from the Warcraft III disk]

YAh i had the same message but i need to burn the files at my laptop before i install it to my computer and the first message i get from installing is "E:\Movies\Tutorialln.mpq
Error 0x000003EE: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.
(FileUtil.coo:816)

plz tell me what i had done wrong with the installation

V

Viper69

Help!

I have a different problem. When I run my map made in world editor, i click start and in the middle of loading it shows me a war3.mpq error and i dont wanna lose my map (i worked on it 2 weeks).If some1 know how to solve the problem plz post it.

S

Sabre Xylon

Warcraft 3 won't install!

I don't get what went wrong with the installation... :confused:
It worked on the other computer, why not this one???

I've been trying to install for hours, but it still doesn't work! What is wrong?!?

It keeps saying there is an Error! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

D

dmishler

kudos to the guy who said take the cd out before retry. i did that and the install went off without a hitch. thanks.

C

coreyhh90

I am having a different problem with my warcraft III...
I instal it and it works perfectly fune no probs... but when i try to go online with it, it updates and after that askes to restart so i hit ok and then i try to sart it up again and it says

"Warcraft III was unable to find War3.exe.
Please make sure your game is correctly installed, and that your Warcraft III disc is in your CD-ROM drive, and try again."

I'v tryed over 15 times now reinstalling and it wont work i even checked and the file's there... plz help:banghead::banghead::banghead:

D

Decay

Plz help!

I have a problem with the instasion of warcraft 3. Where can i find my hard drive, because i should copy all the things on the warcraft 3 cd, and then take it into my hard drive, bu t i can find it.. plz help!:)

G

graaam101

Answer to problem

Hi

I have had the same problem.

The solution is to remove EVERYTHING warcraft if you have installed perviously and empty the recycle bin. This includes all of your replays saves etc. (put them on a USB stick then remove it if you want to keep them)

There is something built into the software that recognises any previous installs and when it does a redundancy check on the new files at this point it picks up on previously installed hidden files on the system registry.

The simplest thing is to simply delete the WC111 install folder after using the uninstall wizard.

Should fix your problem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.