Help with a triggered spell

Kike

Reaction score
I was trying to creat hero with a spell that changes his fight stille from an offencive to defencive and vice-versa, so, in defense mode he gains defense and health, and his spells are defence based, in attack mode he gains attack speed, more attack, move speed, but lost health and defense. The problem happened when i was trying to change de stats gain by level, becouse i couldn,t make it :banghead: the effects worked by the dummy unit, but the level changed nothing D:. anyone can help me? I will be glad if yes :D

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you have to create a function that sets his stats when he casts the ability and one that sets them when he levels based on a boolean that you alternate as he casts

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
Well you can add/remove Hero Attributes (Strength/Agility/Intellegence) quite easily.

Just add Str for defensive and remove Agil.
Visa Versa for offensive.

Otherwise add +# damage from item abil and adjust levels/add/remove and edit base movement speed. you can also increase hit points by adding a tome of health. and remove by giving a tome of health a negative value.

But, like -OverpoweR- said, metamorphasis is probably easier lol. Also more limited. But your call.

Be specific, maybe if somebody is in a good mood they can make the trigger for you. Sorry i dont have much time atm:/

GFreak45

Reaction score
nah inflicted... agi is also defensive, armor is a HUGE thing in most hero maps, he wants to change the stats/level when he changes forms, and his way is just plain better, yours didnt help him with what he was asking at all... sorry man, thanks for trying though

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
If you are creating spells also, I would recommend creating two heroes, and every time the hero cast a dummy spell, it changes the hero from Defensive to Offensive. This can be triggered very easily. You can use the same model file, just transfer over the hp/mp, remaining/total in one trigger.

GFreak45

Reaction score
even with that, you could use the chaos ability, which changes units from one unit type to another, i havent tried it with heroes, but you could see if it keeps the stats when u add it

keychup

Reaction score
Its been 2 days and this issue remains unresolved?

You have to change the UnitID, meaning you have to make an alternate form for every level with the desired stats. Or you could simply make individual passives for each alternate unit. If your alternate form is attack mode, you can make separate Tornado Slow Auras (target self, set positive values) for attack speed and movement speed for each alternate form. Since you could use metamorphosis to modify HP you can put negative HP gain to decrease the units max HP. As for attack damage you could add the Command Aura (target self) for each alternate form with different stats based on the alternate form's "level". Now as for defense mode you "could" use an item ability or simply implement an "Upgrade" that increases HP and armor whenever you learn the transformation spell.

Summary:
1) when learning the "switch to attack mode" spell apply HP bonus and defense bonus upgrades
2) "switch to attack mode" is based on metamorphosis. you can put negative values on the HP bonus to decrease Max HP (Shift+Enter when accessing field)
3) you must have multiple unit IDs for alternate form (refer to Alchemist's chemical rage)
4) each alternate form should have a tornado slow aura that targets itself and must have positive values to raise attackspeed and movespeed
5) each alternate form should have a command aura that targets itself

EDIT: another way to change alternate form HP and defense is to change the alternate form's HP base and armor base in the unit editor (you can make them either positive or negative as much as you want if you access the field with Shift+Enter). This makes Metamorphosis' HP bonus field redundant. You dont really need it to change HP.

EDIT EDIT: did you know that you can use Robo-Goblin and grant bonus STRENGTH when you transform? it also grants additional armor when you transform. its also activateable/deactivateable by default.

keychup

Reaction score
Side Note: changing the hero abilities in alternate form is inadviseable. If you wish to make the hero's spells more defensive in nature you should make all the base hero abilities (except metamorphosis) a Channel spell with no icon, and then add/remove unit abilities to the metamorphing unit based on the channel abilities and based on whether the unit is in attack form or defense form.

You can also make metamorphosis activateable and deactivateable using the Gameplay Constants under the Advanced tab on the main editor.

Remember that you have to check whenever he switches from attack to defense form to update the abilities. I would rather use a periodic event and check the stance and the ability of the channel and its level, then update it from there.

Who knows how buggy your hero could get if it learns other spells while in a different form.

To check an event when a hero transforms you should use the event "Generic Unit event" (Unit Starts the effect of an ability) and the condition "Ability comparison" (Ability being cast is equal to "Name of the morphing spell")

EDIT: If you want to reverse the effects and make the initial form attack mode to alternate form defense mode just vice-versa my advice (i gave you tips for initial defense mode to alternate attack mode)

GFreak45

Reaction score
i would just use chaos, then have a triggered ability for each spell that just has 2 effects, either add both tooltips to 1 ability or use the goblin upgrade ability to change the tooltip when you add the chaos ability

Kike

Reaction score
GFreak, I'm pretty new using the editor, can u explain to me what does the chaos make? something like holding the second form? and the goblin abilitie is the engine upgrade? if I give this to the morphing unit will the skills change?

Thanks for helping me guys :D

EDIT: ok... I tryed using Robo-goblin and engneering upgrade but a terrible error ocuried :x the skill desapeared when I unmorphed D:

Kike

Reaction score
Ahn... If someone wants to help me creating the hero just say ok? I'm note a good progamer, but I have a great imagination XD

GFreak45

Reaction score
chaos is an orc ability that changes the head hunters into berzerkers, but it can be used to change any unit from one type to another, they do it through research in melee games, but you can just add the ability to the unit in custom games to change it to what you want, try playing a melee game as orc and rush head hunters, youll get a better understanding of it

Kike

Reaction score
Oh thank you! Do you now how how to make the spell don't make an error? I will be glad :)

GFreak45

Reaction score
an error? can you say what the error said or post a picture?

Kike

Reaction score
Sure, when I morph into the second form my spell changes as tehe spected, but when I unmorph it desapear! I'm not using trigger, only custom skills

EDIT: sorry, doble postage fail here :x

Kike

Reaction score
Of course I can, the erro happens when I unmorph, first I created de Robo-goblin based skill, then I gave it for to heros to accept the power, then I changed the engeenier upgrade to upgrade the spell Hex to the Frost Nova(no reason for that), I morphed and the skill changed, but when I unmorphed the skill desapeared in both heros :x

GFreak45

Reaction score
the ability can only change it one way, not back, in order to un-morph you need to have the same ability for that unit type, removing it will remove the unit (i believe)

if you want to make a polymorph ability why not use the polymorph spell?

if you want it to keep the attack, simply give it a metamorphasis ability in a disabled spellbook, then trigger them to do the command string for metamorphasis when they should become big instead of small :p

Kike

Reaction score
the attack, speed, and the rest of the stats is ok, the only problem is the spell swich, can you make me an exemple map?

GFreak45

Reaction score
i still dont understand what the ability is supposed to do...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.