HELP with Allies!

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
Ok so im making a game where i want players to ally each other but, i want them to only be able to ally someone once. Can someone give me an easy way to do this?
Next question is for the allies themselves. I kno how to do this but it seems like alot of work so im just wondering if theirs an easier way to have players ally each other. Heres what i got.
Red
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -ally blue as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Player - Make Player 1 (Red) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision
The only problem is i would have to do this 7 times for player red and then do that for all 7 players. Im just wondering if theres an easier way. Any suggestions or help is welcomed :thup:

My last question is how to make allies share vision. I did the "allied with shared vision crap." but it still isnt doing it. It says neutral players cant share vision but idk if they are or not or how to change it

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
I actually did it manually, last thing I could remember is that I kept on copy pasting and changed the values, it takes patience I guess.

TheWarcraft

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -ally as A substring
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -ally as A substring
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -ally as A substring
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make (Triggering player) treat (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 7)))))) as an Ally with shared vision

This would be an example if your map has 3 players.
If player 1 would type "-ally 2" he would treat player 2 as an ally.
Edit: If you want it to be a color instead of a player number that you type in, I can help you with that.

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
It would have been easier with EGUI since it has the event (Any player types a chat message......)

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
Yea

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Make (Triggering player) treat (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, 7)))))) as an Ally with shared vision

This would be an example if your map has 3 players.
If player 1 would type "-ally 2" he would treat player 2 as an ally.
Edit: If you want it to be a color instead of a player number that you type in, I can help you with that.

Yea id prefer it to be the colors instead of numbers =P

TheWarcraft

Reaction score
Ok give me a sec i'll make you a trigger
Edit: Here it is
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If ((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) Equal to red) then do (Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) Equal to blue) then do (Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) Equal to teal) then do (Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally with shared vision) else do (Do nothing)

For more players just change the "Equal to red" and the "treat Player 1 (Red)"

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
Ok give me a sec i'll make you a trigger
Edit: Here it is
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If ((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) Equal to red) then do (Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 1 (Red) as an Ally with shared vision) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) Equal to blue) then do (Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 2 (Blue) as an Ally with shared vision) else do (Do nothing)
      • If ((Substring((Entered chat string), 7, (Length of (Entered chat string)))) Equal to teal) then do (Player - Make (Triggering player) treat Player 3 (Teal) as an Ally with shared vision) else do (Do nothing)

For more players just change the "Equal to red" and the "treat Player 1 (Red)"

Would that work if red and blue wanted to ally but they didnt want to ally anyone else?

TheWarcraft

Reaction score
Lets say red (player 1 ) types "-ally blue" it will make him treat blue(player 2) as an Ally with shared vision.

Axtyler#1

Reaction score
ahh

Lets say red (player 1 ) types "-ally blue" it will make him treat blue(player 2) as an Ally with shared vision.

ahh ok i see how it works now. One last thing and i should be good. For some reason it dosent show vision of the allied unit. Any suggestions why?:confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.