help with army map

mushroom911

I think I should change my avatar
Reaction score
I was thinking.. what if i could create a map, that was somewhat like ompany of heroes?.... ok, nice start and all the terrain working well.. but then i wondered HOW IN THE F-WORD can i make cover items?, something like an aura that makes evasion bonus, that and when running chance to hit is reduced... btw gona have each nromal infantry with 5 hp, 1 armor and 1-3 dmg and 1-10% chance to deal crit (2x dmg)... so how do i make something like a wall item (like a trench for example) that gives and aura that increases evasion? sma ewith when moving.

plz help...:)

btw, anyone know of any site that contains gd armyman models?... including tanks and stuff

mushroom911

Reaction score
erm...

No thoughts on how to make any cover though? (adding chance to dodge based on where u are)

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Maybe you could make trenches by lowering the terrain in the terrain editor.

Every time a unit is attacked, draw a line from the attacker to the target. Then just check if any of the short end of the line, right before it reaches the target, is below ground. If it is, the unit is in cover and will take less damage.

To be able to manipulate the damage like that though, is easier said than done. You can change the gameplay constants to make all damage deal 0% damage. You'll also need some lookup system for unit's stats. You can make global arrays for every unit in the game storing all info, and then just set unit's custom value to the number corresponding to their number in the array.

When all that is done, you can use the on damage event to do all the math, and finally subtract the correct amount of hp according to unit's damage, attack type, defense type, upgrades, cover, etc.

It might be too complex for your liking, but I think it would work.

Mr.Tutorial

Hard in the Paint.
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I don't understand a word your saying, please explain clear with proper grammar, and if you have to, use Microsoft Word. Sorry, just hard to understand :eek:

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
in gameplay constants, there is something like that, but in opposite, theres like
Miss from Moving or High Ground
so, if you are moving, or at higher ground, if someone is shooting at you from the ground to a high point, you may miss

Somatic

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For Cover wise, its possible if you give it a disabled spell book with the evation in it, then remove it when the unit is not around the "Trench"

mushroom911

Reaction score
Thx Very Much! :d

thank you guys, trying ur advice atm, il post something on how the map is going later :D thx :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.