Help with changing animation attachment name via trigger

Marvic June B. Corpuz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello again The Helper Network. I need help with changing animation attachment name via trigger. I have this hero using the Night Elf Building model Tree of Life/Tree of Ages/Tree of Eternity. I wanted the hero to have the tree of ages animations when he learned the level 2 of the skill, the one with the green illuminations circling around the model and the tree of eternity animations when he learns the level 3 of the skill, the one with yellow orange butterflies circling around but i could not make it work. Somebody knows how to make it work? Please help.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You need the Tree of Life upgrade ability <Target> model. (Abilities\Spells\NightElf\TreeofLifeUpgrade\TreeofLifeUpgradeTargetArt.mdl) This model has three different animations based on your hero's Animation Names.

AFAIK there's no way to change the Animation Names in-game, so you'll have to change the hero's unit-type via Chaos or something else.

Marvic June B. Corpuz

Reaction score
Oh thank you so much.... But does the hero need the dependency equilibrium?
and i'm sorry to spoil but i have another question.. I have this ability that if a unit dies under the hands of a hero that hero will permanently gain 1 damage bonus. I just want to ask where in the trigger field this types of actions are? Or do i need to save the damage through saving it in a variable and add it as part of the hero's damage?

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
There's an ability called Item Damage Bonus. There's a few variations of it under Special > Items, but each of them has the same effect - bonus damage.

You could create one such ability, and increase the level of the ability as your hero kills a unit. But this is, eventually, limited. An easier way is to have multiple abilities, one for units, one for tens, one for hundreds and so on, but this will still have a limit.

Marvic June B. Corpuz

Reaction score
Oh thank you very much. You really answer to everyone else. I have actually resolve the problem on the Tree of Life model. I've missed to put the Tree of life upgrade ability on the non-hero ability of my hero thats why the animations didn't came out. But it's all good now.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.