Help with crit strike triggers

Dismembered

Reaction score
Here's my problem. I made a custom critical strike called Veteran Strike. Its the same thing as the original one. % chances to do XX bonus damages. I want a floating text above my '' casting unit '' when it does a critical strike. Here's what i already did and it doesn't work. Can some1 help me plz ?
thanks

Code:
Veteran Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Veteran Strike 
    Actions
        Floating Text - Create floating text that reads |cffff0000Strike !|... above (Casting unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
        Set Striketext = (Last created floating text)
        Floating Text - Show (Last created floating text) for (All players)
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Floating Text - Hide Striketext for (All players)

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
Well, you don't actually cast anything when you're doing a critical strike; that's the basis of your problem!

If you want this to work, you'll need to make Veteran Strike a custom ability, with a percentage chance for additional damage when attacking.
Events: A Unit is Attacked
Conditions: (Integer) Level of (Veteran Strike) for (Attacking Unit) = Greater than 1

Dismembered

Reaction score
Hmm can you repost with codes plz , i dont really understand . And what variable do i need ? I mean , what kind of variable ? Can u tell me any example ?

l1lshadow

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of (your skill) for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
      • (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to (percent)
    • Actions

A unit attacked is a event when a unit is attacked(of course) but it does it during the animation but I won't explain how to bypass it. The first and second condition is an integer. The second condition is in integer -> math-random. If you have any questions about this ask.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.