.tv/zed0minator

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I AM willing to help, but I do not have SC2 installed, but I'm most likely able to help you with most of your problems. Still I'd suggest you to simply post your problems here :)

Anyway, add me on skype if you need help, I'm rarely online though :)
(go on my profile here, and you'll find my skype contact info)

X-maul

Reaction score
Ok thank you. I guess I'll post my problem on here for now, maybe you can help.
Well what I'm trying to do is make a fireball ability that travels a certain distance and disappears, say like 10 range, and if it hits a unit while traveling it drags it with it until it reaches its location.
First problem I'm having is that I can't seem to make the fireball keep going it always stops at the target point.

I just started using the editor with minimal Wc3 editor experience, but I'm learning a bit just messing around in it. Thanks for anything you can help me with.

First of, you want to make a missile launch in a target direction and not to a target point. What you need to do, is to make a Create Persistant effect, that will launch your Launch Missile effect to 0,10,0 (x,y,z).

So you make your ability lauch the Create Persistant effect, which will lauch your Lauch Missile to a range of 10 in front of the caster.

Toy around with it, as mentioned I do not have SC2 installed on this computer, so I can't create an example, maybe someone else can.

X-maul

Reaction score
oh, well that's because it's not a thing, you have to make the effect launch at an offset of 0,10,0. I'm sorry that I can't help you more than that. Hopefully someone with the editor installed will be able to help you.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I'd like to help, but unfortunately movers still confuse me. I spent a lot of time trying to get something like this to work on my map but I gave up. I started doing it in triggers instead by implementing a custom physics system that handles all projectiles and a lot of other stuff too.

If you want to try, you should read up on missile movers. Blizzard have a tutorial here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/maps-and-mods/tutorials/missile-movers/
There's also a very nice and detailed tutorial made by OneTwoSC that you can find here: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/resources/tutorials/25781-diablo-fireball-spell-tutorial/ However, it might be a bit outdated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.