Help with custom abilities

Discussion in 'Starcraft 2 (SC2) Editor Help' started by Funyuns93, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Funyuns93

Funyuns93 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I was wondering if someone could help me with custom abilities on the editor. Please PM me or post here and I'll give you my skype information so we can discuss on there.

2. X-maul

X-maul AKA: Demtrod

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    I AM willing to help, but I do not have SC2 installed, but I'm most likely able to help you with most of your problems. Still I'd suggest you to simply post your problems here :)

Anyway, add me on skype if you need help, I'm rarely online though :)
    (go on my profile here, and you'll find my skype contact info)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Funyuns93

Funyuns93 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok thank you. I guess I'll post my problem on here for now, maybe you can help.
    Well what I'm trying to do is make a fireball ability that travels a certain distance and disappears, say like 10 range, and if it hits a unit while traveling it drags it with it until it reaches its location.
    First problem I'm having is that I can't seem to make the fireball keep going it always stops at the target point.

I just started using the editor with minimal Wc3 editor experience, but I'm learning a bit just messing around in it. Thanks for anything you can help me with.

4. X-maul

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0

First of, you want to make a missile launch in a target direction and not to a target point. What you need to do, is to make a Create Persistant effect, that will launch your Launch Missile effect to 0,10,0 (x,y,z).

So you make your ability lauch the Create Persistant effect, which will lauch your Lauch Missile to a range of 10 in front of the caster.

Toy around with it, as mentioned I do not have SC2 installed on this computer, so I can't create an example, maybe someone else can.

5. Funyuns93

Funyuns93 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't find target direction when I try to change it, its not in there.

6. X-maul

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    oh, well that's because it's not a thing, you have to make the effect launch at an offset of 0,10,0. I'm sorry that I can't help you more than that. Hopefully someone with the editor installed will be able to help you.

7. Funyuns93

Funyuns93 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Can't seem to figure it out :/ Anyone with Starcraft 2 installed want to help me out?

8. Siretu

Siretu Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +295 / 0 / -0
    I'd like to help, but unfortunately movers still confuse me. I spent a lot of time trying to get something like this to work on my map but I gave up. I started doing it in triggers instead by implementing a custom physics system that handles all projectiles and a lot of other stuff too.

If you want to try, you should read up on missile movers. Blizzard have a tutorial here: http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/game/maps-and-mods/tutorials/missile-movers/
    There's also a very nice and detailed tutorial made by OneTwoSC that you can find here: http://www.sc2mapster.com/forums/resources/tutorials/25781-diablo-fireball-spell-tutorial/ However, it might be a bit outdated.