Help with dummies moving around a unit in cricle.

Marvic June B. Corpuz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi guys, i want to establish a spell that would make dummies move around in a circular motion to the caster but as I go along to the triggers, I can't figure out how to set the points to where the dummies would go. There are three dummies in the trigger and each interval at 0.05 seconds they heal allies or damage enemies for 5 points for a total of 100 per second. All that I was able to set are the facing degrees of the dummies and I can't continue to set some action on the timer anymore.

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
From what I gather of your post, you want 3 dummy units to revolve around a point (stationary or mobile unit, not sure), and there is some form of periodic healing (whether it's a small AoE around each dummy or just the circle inside the dummy units).

What I would suggest is to use hashtables to store the point they are revolving around (if they're rotating around a mobile unit, instead save the unit and then load that unit into a Position of Unit to find the circle's center), the dummy unit's position (an integer, 1 for the first dummy spawned, 2 for the second, etc.), the distance it is from the center of the circle, and how much time has elapsed since they spawned (as a real, and increment this by whatever you use to move them (e.g. Periodically moved every 0.05 seconds, increment this by 0.05)). Then you just use Move Unit to Point with Polar Offset, have the point be the center of the circle they're rotating around, offset is distance, and degrees is some multiple of the time elapsed plus the dummy's position (1, 2, 3, etc.) * (360/number of dummies).

For the healing, depending on if you want it to be all the units in the circle or only the ones near the dummy units, just use a unitgroup with Units In Range (of the center/dummies dependingly) and that should work fine.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I made this today when I was bored, try it out.

Attachments

• Orbs.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 158
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.