Help with game crashing circle spell

Gluttonous

Reaction score
My current spell works fine in-game outside when cast, but sometimes crashes the game for some ungodly reason. What it does is create 15 dummies around the target that cast Finger of Death on them, as well as spawn a dummy that does a Thunder Clap. When the crash happens, it's -after- the finger of death beams are already shot out, the meat of the trigger, which confuses me more.

I only edited a tempplate into this spell, and I'm wondering if I edited the template too much to make it not work. The original template was meant to spawn 15 special effects around the caster. . .

Template: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/76367-Circle-Spell-Template

Spell code:

Code:
Finger of Death
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Finger of Death (Custom)
    Actions
        Set circlecaster = (Triggering unit)
        Set circlevictim = (Target unit of ability being cast)
        Set circlevictimpoint = (Position of circlevictim)
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy Resurrection Caster for (Owner of circlecaster) at circlevictimpoint facing Default building facing degrees
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_circlevictimpoint)
        Unit - Add Thunder Clap (Dummy Finger of Death) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Set level of Thunder Clap (Dummy Finger of Death) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Finger of Death (Custom) for circlecaster)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
        Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
        -------- The time between which effect and damage occurs. --------
        Set Offset = 550.00
        -------- The radius of the circle. --------
        Set VertexCount = 15
        -------- The number of vertices your "circle" has. --------
        Set Points[361] = (Position of circlevictim)
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to VertexCount, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set VertexConvert = ((Integer A) x (360 / VertexCount))
                Set Points[(Integer A)] = (Points[361] offset by Offset towards (Real(VertexConvert)) degrees)
                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Resurrection Caster for (Owner of circlecaster) at Points[(Integer A)] facing Default building facing degrees
                Unit - Add Chain Lightning (Finger of Death Dummy) to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Set level of Chain Lightning (Finger of Death Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Finger of Death (Custom) for circlecaster)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning circlevictim
                Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Points[bj_forLoopAIndex])
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Points[361])

canons200

Reaction score
first of all, chain lightning is chain lightning and finger of death is finger of death.
please order your dummy to use properly skill, don't add chain lightning and oder use finger of death

besides, i am not sure this custom script is correct or not
"Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Points[bj_forLoopAIndex])"

i didn't see any other error other than that.

Gluttonous

Reaction score
The actual spell the dummies cast is indeed Chain Lightning, forgive me for failing to clairfy. It just doesn't bounce around and has the finger of death graphic.

I'm honestly not all that keen on the custom scripts though - all I use custom scripts for in my own personal triggering is just to remove leaks. What seems wrong with it?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
You're creating 360 units at one instance of time, that's quite a lot. Are you sure they are not decaying? Otherwise nothing seems wrong...

Try some simple debugging, and cut you're unit number to 90 or something, if it crashes less it's most likely due to the number of units being created and the game can't handle it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.