Help with making a Solo TD

emphh

Reaction score
So i have this TD that i wanna convert from a TD where the waves spawn when Player Brown has zero food.
Since its not a team TD in any way i want the waves to spawn as they die for each player, essentially making it a proper Solo TD.

Im not sure how this is done but i tried doing some triggers with no result.

TL;DR
I want the waves to spawn as soon as a player finishes it, not when all players finish theirs.
http://imgur.com/a/0Khnp#0

Could anyone take a look and see what im doing wrong?

ShadowInTheD

Reaction score
What I would do for this situation is use an integer for how many units per level per player, and each time a player kills one, subtract one from the integer. When it hits 0 send the next level for that player.

death_knight

Dark is the heart of a corrupted man.
Reaction score
Going with ShadowInTheD's suggestion, you would also need a way of tracking which wave that a dying unit belongs to (i.e. whether a dying unit is from a wave for Player 2 or Player 4 etc etc). I suggest you use a unit group for each player that stores which set of units belongs to which player's wave. That way, when a unit dies, you check with unit group it belongs to and subtract one from the corresponding player's wave integer. Then once a particular player's wave integer reaches zero, you empty the corresponding unit group, fill it with the units for the next wave, reset the triggering integer value to the size of the upcoming wave, and restart the timer for the particular player.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.