Help With Making My Map

BadWolf

Reaction score
Hey,

At the moment i am creating a map (i guess it is going to end up somewhat like dota) and i want help from someone.

I realise this site is continuous help and i do appreciate it to be quite usefull
ABSOLUTELY

I love this site but i am really getting tired of doing things so i am starting to give up on my map

i was wondering if i could get someone to help me continuosly that i could contact (i imagine through Warcraft) to help with

BTW I AM A NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOB at world editor (i know some things but alot is new)

PLZ HELP ME

I WOULD BE REALLY HAPPY

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Soooo... whats your problem?
you want someone to take over your project or what?..

mylemonblue

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Soooo... whats your problem?
you want someone to take over your project or what?..

Sounds like it.

...but i am really getting tired of doing things so i am starting to give up...

...i was wondering if i could get someone to help me continuosly ....

The all caps and redundant shouting isn't helping his case any either.
Frankly I think the main problem he is having is he's trying to start a project that's beyond his current abilities. Take a look at his previous thread on a triggered blademaster spell. He's trying to run when he hasn't learned to walk yet. =/

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
Sounds like it.

The all caps and redundant shouting isn't helping his case any either.
Frankly I think the main problem he is having is he's trying to start a project that's beyond his current abilities. Take a look at his previous thread on a triggered blademaster spell. He's trying to run when he hasn't learned to walk yet. =/

yea mylemonblue is rite :p but don't be put down by it, just means u should learn some more b4 u ask anything... watch some tutorials on youtube or just read some guides on the site itself. GL on yor proj watever it is, try n be original with it!:D:D

Sharp

Reaction score
Just read tutorials as someone said before, nobody is going to do the hard work for you, that's just lame.

BadWolf

Reaction score

I dont want someone to take over for me...

i want like a joint project with more than just me. But i need someone who is good at map making or there is going to be a little problem...

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
What are you going to do? Besides talking.

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
What are you going to do? Besides talking.

Thats not really encouraging... what he means is if anyone would like 2 wrk besides him on this project of his... meaning that he will obviously wrk on it 2 but he just needs help coz hes inexperienced :cool:

BadWolf

Reaction score
Thats not really encouraging... what he means is if anyone would like 2 wrk besides him on this project of his... meaning that he will obviously wrk on it 2 but he just needs help coz hes inexperienced :cool:

Exactly thank you

You wanna help???

Please help

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Come on to US East and my name is illegalpie, I'd be happy to help at anytime

He said he'd help. Lol.

I'm lucky that I got 2 friends who are experienced with maps/triggers that I go to for general questions. If they aren't on, I come here. <(^_^)>

BadWolf, no offence, but your first posts sounds a little whiny. Not selling yourself very well as a potential underling. <(o_- )>

BadWolf

Reaction score
He said he'd help. Lol.

I'm lucky that I got 2 friends who are experienced with maps/triggers that I go to for general questions. If they aren't on, I come here. <(^_^)>

BadWolf, no offence, but your first posts sounds a little whiny. Not selling yourself very well as a potential underling. <(o_- )>

Yeah he did say he would help but whenever i go on he isnt on...

And yeah you are lucky..... All i got to help me is this

And i probs do sound a bit whiny my bad... Its just that i was kinda annoyed at the time cause i couldn't get anything to work properly

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Yeah he did say he would help but whenever i go on he isnt on...

And yeah you are lucky..... All i got to help me is this

And i probs do sound a bit whiny my bad... Its just that i was kinda annoyed at the time cause i couldn't get anything to work properly

Generally, when you want to make a map, you should have enough skills to individually actually complete your map. Extra members are usually for saving time and refining certain areas. For example, you should be able to do everything yourself. However, maybe you aren't quite an expert at terraining, that's where an experienced Terrainer helps.

But generally, you should be able to at least do all your systems, triggers, etc yourself. Or else, you'll most likely end up doing nothing while all the others do the system triggering, etc. So, I do suggest you go read up on tutorials, etc. No offense, but just giving my honest thoughts.

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Unlike Squeeke... I have no friends to help me either. :) I started off on my own, played around with stuff, posted problems on this forum. Just look though the actions, think how you can manipulate them to do stuff your way, try out, if it works, great, if it doesn't, you can always post it on this forum and we'll take a look, once it's fixed, you learn something new and also how to do things that way. You need patience if you wanna learn this.

DioD

Reaction score
Helpless project leader will never find any usefull members, users who know, how to make map, dont need any leader.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Unlike Squeeke... I have no friends to help me either. :) I started off on my own, played around with stuff, posted problems on this forum.

Me too.. I started on my own at first, but eventually I became a semi-mentor for some friends of mine. Still, having someone else do the work for you is fine for the map, but you might not want to try something that's beyond your depth. Start small and learn from others, and eventually you'll be as good as them.

Squeekems

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hey, I got friends, now, but I started out just looking at the program without any background in programming, or anything. Lol. It was only after taking a VB6 class did I start making some fun little maps. And I met my friends through map building clans and testing my maps.

DuelPlayer

Reaction score
Maybe u can join my project
my project is also something like dota
its on the situation of remake
However, I do have enough motivation maybe u can motivate me and give me fresh ideas
Anyway if u are interested, add me on [email protected] on msn to chat :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.