Help with my Web Banner

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I'm making a banner for a gaming / modding website, I've done some of it, but now I'm stuck. I'm not happy with the way the text looks, and I can't find a render that looks good on the left. I'd appreciate any help here, aswell as suggestions on changing the banner.

retrinoxgamingbannercopyet9.png

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
First, flip the render so it looks to the left. Second, remove the reflection of the text. Third, make the text with glowing edges. And fourth, make something under the text. Somekind of underline...

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I can't flip the render without it looking crappy, because it was cut like so;

dragon2ys8.png

I'll try the other stuff you said.

Edit~ I have to spread rep around before I can give to you :(

Edit2~ Ok here it is so far;

retrinoxgamingbanner2copyph5.png

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Sure, it's too big to attach here though, do you have msn?

Edit~

Nvm lol just saw that you do.

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
All designers start with thumbnails drawn on trace paper with a pen. The process of thumbnails is meant to aid the designer to find the best visual solution.

a few alternate suggestions (off the top of my head):

At this point, the banner has a Dragon way over on the right and it looks rather uncomfortable because there is an odd visual balance. If you absolutely must use only this graphic, consider placing the text on the same side as the dragon, and in the corner (bottom might be better).

There is a visual problem with the scale of the dragon and the scale and placement of the logo. The dragon is overbearing to the logotype, so you could increase the scale of the logotype to run across the bottom of the banner.

You have a great render of the Dragon. While it's cropping is very uncomfortable, and not at all ideal for the purpose, your real aim is to present the name of the site. If you like, consider methods to blend the logo with the background. Dark on Light. Light on Dark.

Every designer faces these challenges. At times, we do not have a choice over which visual elements are available. And so, we need to compromise. Use thumbnails to find interesting compromises, and you'll likely find your designs improve and are created much faster.

Chile

The All Purpose Administrator
Reaction score
Another option might be to reverse the graphic, place the logotype on the left, and then create an imagemap menu for the website on the right. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.