Help with removing dummies when it reaches the edge of playable map area.

Marvic June B. Corpuz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Need help with my spell Pheonix Path. As I was testing my spell I see it works properly as I wanted but my problem is, when the dummy reaches the edge of the playable map area, it continuously moves with diverged direction. I want to remove the dummy when it reaches that point. Please help... All I need are conditions that would remove the dummy if it reaches the edge of the playable map area.​

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
((Playable map area) contains (Matching unit)) Equal to False

Marvic June B. Corpuz

Reaction score
oh thank you... But I have another problem. how do I fix this problem in the world editor.. It says...
This application has encountered a critical error.
The file data is corrupt.
Program: E:\Games\Warcraft III DOTA\worldedit121.exe
File: E:\Games\Warcraft III DOTA\maps\Download\My Map.wex

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
did you rename the file? it should be .w3x
If you tested the map it might still be in the maps/test folder.

Marvic June B. Corpuz

Reaction score
I still have problem on the Dummy that reaches the edge of the Playable map area. The conditions didn't work. The dummy still continues to go in a diverged direction

Imp Midna

Reaction score
A unit will never leave the playable map area voluntarily. Thats why its called the 'playable' map area. Make your own rect beeing a little bit smaller or do some maths with the playable map area rect; note that it still fails if you have random unreachable spots within the middle of your map; you will need to make a seperate rect for each of them.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I assume you're moving your dummy unit to a new point X units in front of it every 0.0X seconds, in which case you can check that (((Playable map area) contains TempPoint) Equal to True).

Marvic June B. Corpuz

Reaction score
Thanks all to you guys but I already find an alternative way to settle it. I did make a region that covers the whole playable map area and make another trigger to destroy the dummy if it reaches the edge of it. Thanks again to all of you...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.