Helper in the House!

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A little bird told me that Blizzard decided to release Warcraft 3 and we are having the same problems as with every release. As some of you have noticed I have been kinda out of the loop for a while but I am always ready to come back when my favorite game company releases a new game.

So now I am back and ready to give you the skinny on fixes to Warcraft 3 problems - but you are going to have to bear with me as I am rusty and I have to do a lot of research before I am going to be full speed. I am not going to try and fool myself or you guys for a minute that I will be able to help everyone but I will do my best - and that is all anyone can do :)

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
Well, I can't really help out with this new wave of Warcraft III technical issues since I do not own Warcraft III...yet. I'll handle the other Blizzard games for the time being.

Nice to see you're back in action The Helper.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I hate to break this to you NNR but I don't have Warcraft III and I don't need it to help. Alot of people don't know this but when I was answering every question on Blizzard Tech Support when StarCraft first came out I did not even have the game. I did not even get the game until after they made me MVP :)

The key is during this Warcraft first release period is to watch the Official Forum carefully for users to report fixes. These are the best ones - even if you have the game it does not help you to fix anything if you cannot recreate the error. I never was one for coming up with original fixes rather I was just good at remembering previous fixes by others and applying that to problems that were like that or sounded like they might get helped.

Also, it is important to not let the deluge of problems discourage you - it is always like that when they first release a game - Blizzard panicked in Diablo II and closed the Tech Support Forum but they didn't seem to remember that it was the same way in StarCraft.

NoNameRequired

Administrator and Blizzard Tech FAQ Editor
Reaction score
You are correct The Helper, giving technical support without the game is possible. However, some problems require you to think for yourself rather than search the internet, and it helps to visualise the problem by owning and playing the game.

I should get it in the following months. Right now I just need to get a job, buy a recent/decent video card and then buy Warcraft III.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
I am waiting for Blizzard to send it to me for free :) Could be waiting a long time.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Rapmaster have you gotten WarCraft 3 yet? Post back and let me know.

L

ludeman_1999

warcraft 3

when I try to open warcraft 3 say's is unable to initialize direct x please ensure you have direct x 8.1 or newer installed and that your display drivers are current..I tried to re-install direct x 8.1 but it said I already had it on my computer.so what can I do now?? thank you

M

martini

If you can give us your computer specs, including operating system and video card, we can try to help.

You can check to make sure your video card is DirectX compatible here.

Also, if you haven't already, check out these suggestions from Blizzard's support site.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i got wc3 and talking to some ppl (in ots) they have not adressed certain bugs that where known during the beta .
i find that very sloppy

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow all the way back in 2002. And just for FYI Blizzard did end up sending me a signed by all the Technical Support staff copy of the game! For Great Justice!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.