System Hero and Creep Revive, Item Combiner 2

LordXavier

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hero revive trigger is very good, these maps are exactly what I need! At first, I had some trouble with changing the region in the hero revival trigger, but when I figured it out, it worked perfectly.

Thoric

Reaction score
hey im kind confused on the instructions on the hero tavern selection thing and i got lost at alter gameplay constants. any1 help plz?

mr_fj

Reaction score
I know this is a big bump, but could someone tell me how to change the revive trigger so that the revive location is different if you are on team 1 or 2?

Giantpanda

Reaction score
I know this is a big bump, but could someone tell me how to change the revive trigger so that the revive location is different if you are on team 1 or 2?

You could just make 2 copies of the trigger, and each one only activates if the dying unit is an orc/ Night Elf.

I still can't get the hero revive to work btw.

EDIT: I got it to work by doing what trb92 said. Thanks a lot mate.

tork

Reaction score
Hey your maps has help alot but im having problems inporting the creep revive triggers i got all the varibles and the trigger are good but then 3 error happen.

1)call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, udg_Creep_Type[CUSTOM], Player(PLAYER_NEUTRAL_AGGRESSIVE), udg_Creep_Position[CUSTOM], bj_UNIT_FACING )

2)set udg_Creep_Type[udg_Loop] = GetUnitTypeId(GetEnumUnit())

3)set udg_Creep_Position[udg_Loop] = GetUnitLoc(GetEnumUnit())

TwoHeadedBoy

Reaction score
Can someone explain why the creep revive trigger needs to be JASS? Cant it just be something like this

Trigger:
  • Event
    • A unit dies
    • Conditions
      • Owner of (Dying Unit) equal Neutral Hostile
    • Actions
      • Wait 60 seconds
      • Create 1 (unit type of (dying unit)) at CreepPosition[Custom Value of (Dying Unit)]

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
MUI = Multi-Unit Instanceability.

It means two or more units can cast the ability instantaneously and the spell/trigger not bug/screw up.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I believe waits would screw it up?
JASS waits are MUI (IIRC) .
JASS waits are no different to GUI waits, it's the usage of locals that makes MUI easier to 'acquire' (or whatever way you wish to phrase it).

Although, to my knowledge, Triggering Unit is MUI, so if you did
Code:
Create 1 (Unit type of (Triggering Unit)) at CreepPosition[Custom value of (Triggering Unit)]
I believe it would be MUI (not 100% sure though)

JASS Polled wait and TSA are not accurate and such
You make it sound as though TriggerSleepAction and PolledWait are any different to the 'Wait X Seconds (of game-time)' actions :rolleyes:

At any rate, a small fraction out of 60 seconds is no big deal (even if you had a 0.3sec margin of error, that's only 1/200 of the total wait-time by TwoHeadedBoy's example, who's going to notice and/or care, especially in-game

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score

I concur.
However, I've always found
JASS:
local unit u = GetTriggerUnit()

to be the best and most accurate.
local variables <3

I don't have WE or JassCraft with me, but doesn't GetDyingUnit() call for GetTriggerUnit()?

I don't know about Wait's and PolledWait's, I read somewhere that PolledWait is more accurate but causes leaks? -Anyone know for sure? :p

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
It's something like "GetAttackedUnit()" that calls upon GetTriggerUnit().
Stuff like that is just plain silly to use.

TwoHeadedBoy

Reaction score
JASS waits are no different to GUI waits, it's the usage of locals that makes MUI easier to 'acquire' (or whatever way you wish to phrase it).

Although, to my knowledge, Triggering Unit is MUI, so if you did
Code:
Create 1 (Unit type of (Triggering Unit)) at CreepPosition[Custom value of (Triggering Unit)]

So basically, JASS isnt needed there?

I'm just wondering because I know basically nothing about JASS, and so I always like simplifying triggers into WE GUI if I can.

TwoHeadedBoy

Reaction score
Anyone wanna get back to me on this? I just wanna get this straight once an for all.
Is JASS absolutely necessary here? If not, why did he use JASS instead of GUI? (What benefit was gained from JASS?)

TwoHeadedBoy

Reaction score
huh? were you answering my question, or a different one?

O yea and another question, do JASS triggers make leaks? Does this JASS trigger create a leak?

TheDanish

Reaction score
Could anyone point out how to change the Creep Respawn system so it can respawn a player's units? Like, what would I change in the text to get it to respawn Player 11's units?

bLu3_eYeS

Reaction score
Guys. Please help me up ! I can't seem to change at Hero Revive System , the revive place. I need to make it to be Player's Starting place. Can some one show me up how to do this ? Please. A demo map or something would be really help me :(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.