Defense Hero Base Defend

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Terrain is good, game concept is as well. I like the "teleport items" ability. Simple but elegant.

Thanks. :)
You know; "Simplicity is elegance." :thup:

EDIT:
@All:
Come on, you've got one hour to spend on this map. :p

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
LoL, this is one side AoS, nice idea.

You need smarter(not stronger) enemies.

The best way to do this is to add dummy autocast abilities to magic casters.
For example: a dummy curse spell with 0.01 duration and no effect that can target only heroes. (put 15 sec cooldown to it)
Than you make a trigger that detects casting of this dummy spell and cast some custom spell from the shaman to the target hero.

You can even make it cast 3 different spells (one chosen at random) when ever you detect a dummy cast.

Similarly you can create a dummy bloodlust spell (0.01 duration, no effects) that is used for buffing friendly orcs.
It can cast at random: frost shield, heal (if unit is damaged badly), real bloodlust...

Exide

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, Cohadar. :)
I will see what I can do about the enemies AI.

I'm working on the next update, which will (hopefully) be released soon.
Feel free to give feedback on what you want to see in the next version. I can't promise it will show up, but any feedback/suggestions/ideas are welcome.
I also need names for this map. I feel the current name is.. awful. :p

Please, give me as much feedback as possible. :) You might earn rep!

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Small feedback coming...

Bosco

Great hero. I like the idea, because he's not a pointless hero to pick. He has synergy in his skills. Can withstand great amount of punishment and tear whole mountains of enemy units down. Some stuff to note about it:

1. His attack is faster than the backswing point - a small delay, not a big problem.
2. Thick Armor - why is it giving him devotion aura and in the same time a manual of health? I mean: when he levels the ability, he gains life - he gets healed. Maybe use an upgrade, which increases his armor and hit points, using a simple trigger.
3. Grand Slam - has a big cooldown (60 seconds are way too long for me), and deals high damage. Lower the cooldown a bit and decrease the damage. Like, he has two usable abilities. Why not make him use them more frequently?

Misc:

Terrain - love the forest theme. Needs some small touches here and there, but that's not a problem.
Tooltips - overall nicely done with the passive and active (got that on my map also) tooltips. If you can add the "Cooldown" text to the leveling section of the skills - that would be great. For instance: I'd like to know how much the overall cooldown of the ability is and if it decreases or increases per level.

Exide

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. :)
I would +rep you, but I believe I recently did, so I don't think I can.

Bosco:
1. I never noticed. I will look into it and see if I can do something about it. :)
2. I haven't noticed that either. Thanks for pointing it out, I will try to fix it as a bug fix in the next version update.
3. I will consider making some balance change to his ulti.

Terrain - If I can remember to do it, I will add even more doodads, before the "final" (v1.0) version is released. I am considering to add some random weather effects, I guess that will enhance the terrain-part slightly.

ToolTips - Yeah I know, I'm lazy. I didn't have a good system when I began, and changing 30-something tooltips isn't much fun. I will make an attempt at improving them, though.. eventually. :p
Ideas on how to do it are very welcome. =)

@All:
How's the Hero balancing coming along? (Balance towards enemy units, and balance towards other heroes. -Is anyone overpowered/too weak?)
I believe Demon Slayer was pointed out as being too strong. I also know for a fact that The Spheremaster was overpowered, he's been nerfed a lot, though.

Keep the feedback coming, and I will keep the updates coming! :)
New version is almost here, it'll be great!

Exide

Reaction score
/off
If you're too lazy (as you said) I can, uhm, make te tooltips for you.

Suggestions on how to improve them are welcome. :p

ludnica

Long gone
Reaction score
Adding something like this:

Cooldown: 30/25/20/15
Mana Cost: 100/125/150/175
Duration: 1/2/3/4 (if its a buff/debuff)
Lasts for: 5/10/15/20 (a self-buff)

Exide

Reaction score
Updates made!
Version 0.95 released.
More info in the First Post of this thread.

Exide

Reaction score
Exact same thing I was thinking

About the game, gotta try it sometime. Anyone wants to host one for me? ^^ (tomorrow)

It is possible to play Single-Player, if you're just going to test it. :p

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Why would I test a map I know won't be fun? (It is not fun alone =()

ButcherBunny

Reaction score
I tested it. The items were very interesting. Nice map, though it is missing the variaty that maps need. For a new map it is quite good, though due to the fact that there are arround 30-40 maps released each day on epic war this map needs a lot more items and heroes.

Listen, this map ha a lot of potential and I will really hate it if fails. Listen, Exide, I strongly suggest releasing a big version. Other then that I like the bloody battles quite a lot. It was fun to play. Do continue to work on this. If you want I can give some item ideas.

//---ButcherBunny

Exide

Reaction score
Thanks.
I will try my best not to get bored and fail with this project (like I usually do.) :p

Any ideas/suggestions you might have are more than welcome. :)
I will admit that I have a hard time to come up with new ideas for hero abilities. I don't want to use abilities similar to Dota's abilities, and I don't want two heroes to have the same ability (except maybe critical hit/bash/cleave.) Simply put: I want my heroes to have unique abilities.

I also want to balance my heroes as much as possible, I feel this map is still quite unbalanced. -Feedback is needed. :thup:

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Check the sticky in world editor help zone? :rolleyes:

Play heroes of might and magic 3 4 5 :p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Why would I test a map I know won't be fun? (It is not fun alone =()

It IS fun, even alone, :)

I liked it. The hero selection was cool, maybe tell the heroes' abilities when you click on them for the first time.

Terrain was nice, the realistic trees fit well. Didn't get to try too much though, so I'll get back to ya later.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Played it again online, it was fun.
One thing though, just a beta, but you need more heroes, :D My friend didn't have a hero, heh.
The skills and unit reactions are fun, when I entangled like 20 units you see so many "I'm stuck! Can't Move!" :)

EDIT: The replay works for me :O Re-uploaded it. Test now? You have the map right? You didn't overlap it or anything, lulz.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Attachments

• Exide Hero Defense.w3g
    170.4 KB · Views: 306

Exide

Reaction score
Thanks thewrongvine.
Unfortunately I couldn't view your replay. :confused:

>One thing though, just a beta, but you need more heroes, My friend didn't have a hero, heh.
-Yea, I will try to create more heroes.
-How is that possible? In the latest version there are nine heroes, and up to eight players. :p

EDIT: If anyone has any ideas on names for this map I would like to hear them. =)

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Thanks thewrongvine.
Unfortunately I couldn't view your replay. :confused:

>One thing though, just a beta, but you need more heroes, My friend didn't have a hero, heh.
-Yea, I will try to create more heroes.
-How is that possible? In the latest version there are nine heroes, and up to eight players. :p

EDIT: If anyone has any ideas on names for this map I would like to hear them. =)

Oh well, it's a retarded replay anyway. But I'm not sure, I did have the latest version, I re-downloaded it just to check.
But... there was a full-house, and then my friend had no more heroes to pick from (he's a bit slower, :D). So... don't know why that happened. I'll go test again when I can.
As for names...
-Exide Hero Defense, ^^
Do you have a theme or plot for the game? I'll think of some names, but I think including your name (Exide) would sound okay since it's a cool... name, and isn't like "Darkslayerx1010x" or something, :D

Adding something like this:

Cooldown: 30/25/20/15
Mana Cost: 100/125/150/175
Duration: 1/2/3/4 (if its a buff/debuff)
Lasts for: 5/10/15/20 (a self-buff)
Then tooltips will be like in AoM where they're like half a screen long. But if you're displaying stats, I think the style that they use in DotA with Levels is better.

Waiting for next version, :thup:

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.